PopSugar Must Have September 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@JENNIER I've never heard of modal before. Wonder what it is?
The Tilo lightweight ombre scarves are indeed made of modal, according to one of the sites I found them on! It's a synthetic fabric, but IMO a really good one for things like scarves. It's often blended with cotton for sheets and things like that. It's usually nice and smooth and soft, and doesn't shrink.

I found what looks like the same scarf in a different color at Saks and it also says it's made of modal:

Link because I can't save the picture or get the picture link to post with my phone, ugh.  http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446500707

Last edited by a moderator:
I was totally going to skip this month because I was less than wowed with last month.  I love that scarf!

The last couple of boxes haven't wow'd me. I've liked them but I'm hoping with the new season coming it will mean a change up in the boxes. I like the scarf :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

With the spoiler and the $10 off coupon code, I decided I had to try this box at least once. I'm really excited! I'm hoping for a great home item, as I'm moving soon and would love something awesome to add to my apartment.

Okay, so I had enough referrals to reach "insider" status and it says "3 months free", but I only received 2 months before they charged me again. Are they counting my 1 free "influencer" box as one of the 3 free boxes? 

Okay, so I had enough referrals to reach "insider" status and it says "3 months free", but I only received 2 months before they charged me again. Are they counting my 1 free "influencer" box as one of the 3 free boxes? 
Yes it is counting the one free influencer box towards the three total.  I just reached influencer and this is what part of my e-mail said. 

"Two of your friends have signed up, which means you are an Influencer and have just earned one FREE month. We will be reflecting this bonus in your account.   As a token of our appreciation, we want to give you even more free months. If three more of your friends sign up, you will become an Insider and earn an additional two months free."

Spoiler that I love + a code = count me in!

I like when Popsugar feels like a purchase that I know I'll like (e.g. Too Faced palette, this scarf), plus a bunch of mystery GWPs.

Love the scarf. Wouldn't pay $125 for it, but for a sub box with a $10 off coupon, love it.

Otherwise I just buy scarves at H&M or something for $12. haha.

I skipped the last two months, but signed up for a gift subscription this month with the coupon code! Love the scarf and really hoping for the maroon & grey pictured. Although, I am having trouble with the coupon codes. I had to open a new account since it states "only for new subscribers"....how are the rest of you able to gift a subscription each month with a coupon code on existing accounts? Or do you open a new account each time?

I completely forgot to refer myself though! Darn....

I skipped the last two months, but signed up for a gift subscription this month with the coupon code! Love the scarf and really hoping for the maroon & grey pictured. Although, I am having trouble with the coupon codes. I had to open a new account since it states "only for new subscribers"....how are the rest of you able to gift a subscription each month with a coupon code on existing accounts? Or do you open a new account each time?

I completely forgot to refer myself though! Darn....
How I do it:

I have an account, that is currently canceled on the subscription.  I log in, select monthly box sub, and then check "is this box a gift", and then put in my same normal info as on my account, but I use my other email address (a yahoo one...my canceled account is under a gmail email).  Then I put the code in, and check out like normal.  I get sent a one-time gift box, and I don't have to worry about canceling my main account in time.

I always just send myself a gift box this way, using a coupon code, and haven't had any issues.  

I don't know if it matters if the emails are the same as on your account?  I've always just sent it from my account email as a gift to my other email---but my name/info/address/payment info has always been same as my canceled sub account. 

I honestly hope that the beauty product this month is Anastasia's Dipbrow Promade and brush.
How would they do the dipbrow without messing it up though?  That is color dependent to individuals, and it isn't like there is a universal color in that brand/formula they could easily send.  

I see they've been following preferences a little more than usual (necklace/earrings), but even that they didn't follow 100%.  

That scarf is perfection. ... i love the colors and modal is one of the most comfortable fabrics on earth! Now, the fall le box had a lot to live up to, because I would expect this in there!

Back