Post Your Graze Boxes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you find their dried fruits too sweet- I know where I live they only sell sweetened dry fruit at the stores.

Nuts online has unsweetened dried pineapple in organic and regular, dried mango without sugar addeed- it is really good,but a bit tough to chew.

I would check them out at nuts.com

only thing is you have to buy 1lb of each item.

I like/hate their store. Very fresh tasty items,but I always spend too much!

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't think so, but that's me and my fear of junk food. I expected something like a granola bar, and like I said, it was like half-baked cookie dough in a healthy disguise. I actually cancelled this afternoon. Not one of the 4 things I got impressed me. The flapjack was bad. And I love dried fruit, but theirs was all WAY over-sweetened. The yogurt-covered pieces I got were 3/4 candy-coating to 1/4 what's inside. The mixes seemed like too-heavy reliance on chocolate and sweeteners to make healthy snacks seem tasty to people who maybe don't eat that type of thing often. It was a cool idea, just not for me.

See, I assume that this is a treat box, rather than something super healthy. We eat pretty clean around my house (except the hot cocoa from this month's PS box haha) and don't eat out a lot, so I guess it's not that big a deal to me if these are higher in fat/calories. I'm also sharing the box with my husband so I'll likely eat 2 of the 4 in a given week. 

In the US, English snacks are available in some specialty stores and Cost Plus/World Market. I grew up near Canada, and I miss being little and going to Marks and Spencer with my English grandmother. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

People who have already received their boxes: how long do you think your entire box would last you? Does the box include portion recommendations? I'm the type of person who can eat an entire box of snacks in one sitting if I don't pay attention.
Well, each snack is a single serving, so however long it takes you to eat four snacks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For me, four days generally, I'll eat one per day at work since I don't pack my lunch or anything.

I ended up trying the apple cinnamon flapjack...and it's pretty good! I don't think it's anything like cookie dough at all...all it is is a soft oat bar with honey, apple, and cinnamon. Nothing remotely dough-like in it, the ingredients are nothing but oats, margarine, sugar, honey, apples, and cinnamon. A granola bar with oats only.

That said, I wanted more apple flavor! But I loved the chewy texture.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, each snack is a single serving, so however long it takes you to eat four snacks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For me, four days generally, I'll eat one per day at work since I don't pack my lunch or anything.
That's what I pretty much had in mind. I guess mine will probably last me the school week since I can take one a day Monday - Thursday with my sandwiches, and then I usually go out to lunch on Fridays.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't think so, but that's me and my fear of junk food. I expected something like a granola bar, and like I said, it was like half-baked cookie dough in a healthy disguise. I actually cancelled this afternoon. Not one of the 4 things I got impressed me. The flapjack was bad. And I love dried fruit, but theirs was all WAY over-sweetened. The yogurt-covered pieces I got were 3/4 candy-coating to 1/4 what's inside. The mixes seemed like too-heavy reliance on chocolate and sweeteners to make healthy snacks seem tasty to people who maybe don't eat that type of thing often. It was a cool idea, just not for me.
I would be equally scared of granola, most all have a higher glycemic index than sugar.. I call all "bars" ie. luna, cliff etc nasty candy bars, since they have very similar health "benefits" as a snickers or kitkat. I'll take a square of dark chocolate please :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For some reason, I decided to compare the US snacks to the UK snacks to see which ones they get that we don't. In case anyone cares, here's the breakdown:

popcorn (3)
dip and dippers (4)

cake with tea (5)
bread (2)
olives (4)

savory (1)
chocolate (3)

nuts (2)

for a total of 24!

Oh, we definitely need more cake & tea selections!!! The plum & ginger crumble looks amazing.  And I love the British names... "Brilliant Banana Bread", "Eton Mess", "Bakewell Tart" so cutes! 
wub.gif

I ordered the light box, I am quite excited to receive it. However, mine hasn't yet appeared in the shipped area so I think perhaps next week sometime.

I ordered the light box, I am quite excited to receive it. However, mine hasn't yet appeared in the shipped area so I think perhaps next week sometime.
which shipped area? you mean under deliveries?

Here are the pictures of Toffee apple and Hickory smoked nuts & seeds.

I liked both of them less than i thought I would. The toffee was amazing but the apple was very and very bland, must've been a non-sweet kind. I dipped a marshmallow in the toffee sauce and it was delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I didn't like the nuts & seeds mix because it had too many sunflower seeds which overpowered everything else. 

Here are the pictures of Toffee apple and Hickory smoked nuts & seeds. I liked both of them less than i thought I would. The toffee was amazing but the apple was very and very bland, must've been a non-sweet kind. I dipped a marshmallow in the toffee sauce and it was delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I didn't like the nuts & seeds mix because it had too many sunflower seeds which overpowered everything else. 
lol to dipping a marshmallow in the toffee...that just sounds so happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yummm I love almonds, I won't be getting them in my first box, but my second will have british barbeque, which will have savory almonds in it. yumyumyum

I agree about sunflower seeds, they have a very "distinct" taste, I wouldn't call it good or bad, but I definitely see how it could overpower a mix.

Also a sweetened apple + sugary dip would be overkill I think.. but that's personal preference :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

There is a chocolate bar in Canada from Laura Secord chocolate shop called Buttermallow bar= marshmallow, butterscotch topping covered in chocolate.....yummmmmmmm!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol to dipping a marshmallow in the toffee...that just sounds so happy.
smile.gif

was surprised to find a box delivered this weekend because none was shown on my account.

i'm really looking forward to trying these this week.

one thing to note: the expiration date on the lemon & poppy slice is 1/29 so only 2 days.

Originally Posted by ryuuseiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For some reason, I decided to compare the US snacks to the UK snacks to see which ones they get that we don't. In case anyone cares, here's the breakdown:

popcorn (3)

dip and dippers (4)

cake with tea (5)

bread (2)

olives (4)

savory (1)

chocolate (3)

nuts (2)

for a total of 24!
DAMN I want cake with tea!!!

There is a chocolate bar in Canada from Laura Secord chocolate shop called Buttermallow bar= marshmallow, butterscotch topping covered in chocolate.....yummmmmmmm!
they have something exactly like that at See's Candy and it is delicious!

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they have something exactly like that at See's Candy and it is delicious!
Scotchmallow!

When the boxes of nuts and chews get passed around at holidays, my brother and dad and i all glare at eachother, because we know whoever is last in the rotation isn't going to get one of the two scotchmallows. We know we can't be all pushy and ask for the box first, but we know all three of us are plotting to take one of the two

so. good. 

Back