Queen of Blending

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even put on one shade of eyeshadow correctly on my lids and she has like....1273981723712 colours on her lids and she blended it so flawlessly waaaaaah!!! *hides in closet*

hmmmm...is it me or does she look like a clown? i mean seriously who'd wear a circus of colors like that!!!

umm...Putting clown colors on your eyes doesnt make u a good artist ...she does blend well but i mean cmon. Dont let the bright colors fool you. A real artist can do more with less. doesnt need all those bright colors IMO. i like a clean look and even using colors u can still do a nice clean look without looking like a rainbow.

She is awesome. She's actually one of my friends on myspace. She's one of my friend's friends if that makes sense. My friend says she's really sweet and she's willing to do anyone's makeup that lives near her (Pasadena, CA area).

VERY Beautiful! Gooey gloss though.. no kissing there!

Hope she doesnt wear that to job interviews and stuff..lol can you imagine an office job?

wow. she's so talented, she gotta be an artist or something

even though i don't think her makeup is the "wearable" kind of mu, at least not for me, but as u said, very inspirational....

thanq sweetness for sharing

There's no question, she is talented. But I wonder if she could just do something natural. No bright colors, no false lashes. I mean, she can't have time to do that kind of stuff everyday. Her myspace says she has a daughter. She is a really pretty girl, so I wanna see her do something more natural as well as the other fantastic work she does!

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 i go to her sight EVERY DAY!!! i swear, i am like totally obsessed with her pics!!! i LOVE them!!! Stalker....

::runs away::

laughing.gif

She's very good, surely.. from seeing her pics i realise she leaves the area under the beginning of the eyebrow-inner side bare, why does she do that? Is it supposed to be left bare or is it a matter of choice?

Originally Posted by sarah_84 hmmmm...is it me or does she look like a clown? i mean seriously who'd wear a circus of colors like that!!! hmm am i sensing a bit of jealousy? She's showing off her blending techniques, and as much as people may say shes not talented, I would have to disagree... Can i see some of your blending techniques?
kopfkratz.gif

I think she was merely stating that she wears alot of colors (much like a clown). She never put down her blending skills. Granted, she could have said it in a different way LoL

Originally Posted by dioraddict_xo hmm am i sensing a bit of jealousy? She's showing off her blending techniques, and as much as people may say shes not talented, I would have to disagree... Can i see some of your blending techniques?
kopfkratz.gif

Laurn (the queen of blending) does neutral looks and looks that dont use alot of colors. If you're on specktra you can look up her FOTDs and see those. Personally i love her style she is so talented and sweet. I know when ever i needed some tips she didnt hesitate to send me a message back and help me along with my make up problems. I know not everyone is going to like everything but from the amout of stolen pics and times her friends found people faking like they were her you have to admit she gets way more love then hate.

She has skills and us make up addicts arent the only ones to notice it. I think we're going to see her work some where HUGE one day. Talent like hers isnt something that can be easily overlooked.

edit: took out a link

Originally Posted by mac-whore I was actually kinda shocked by this but, this is what she wrote on her page:

"what brushes do u use?" i have two brushes that i got from target , made by sonia kashuk. they were between 1.99 and 3.99. my main and only brush used for blending is a small eyeshadow brush, by her. the other i use for a more defined highlight, is a small angle brush by sonia as well. i know u can buy a whole set for $15 at the red circle botique (TARGET!)
biggrin.gif
another main one i use is a small flat brush (i use this to put the shadows and pigments on the lower lid, its NOT eyeliner). but it has no brand or anything. ive had it for a really long time but just started using it.

I was just about to quote this lol, TWO brushes and they're SK and not MAC or any fancy brand...I'm only more impressed; I've been a fan of her for while her work is so interesting to look at and I love the fact that she isn't colour shy!

i know her personally, and shes the sweetest person ever. She does do normal looks. And she does read this forum. I mean calling someone talentless etc, is kind of harsh. I know personally i cannot blend like that. What i always tell people, dont criticize unless you know you can do better. Everyone has talent in thier own way. I think this look is beautiful on her and it looks even better in person.

Latest posts

Back