QVC New Beauty Test Tube - 2nd quarter (April, May, June)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have to reorder this particular Tube to get another Mally and another Tarte since those two items pay for the box!
I ended up ordering a second qvc tube last time because the mally mascara is my favorite (one coat of a lengthening mascara and a coat or two of mally) and I really like exfolikate and the O.H. Truth serum. Those three easiy paid for the box alone, the rest were bonus items! Woo hoo! I really like the Twilight shade for the mally.. And I got the Pomegranite WEN. Yeah.. Not loving that scent. For those that got Adored, does it show up that bright of a pink or is it more sheer? I'm trying to decide if I should keep or swap it.

It's a lot more sheer and normal-looking than it looks in the stick, but it does have a LOT of sparkle. I know some people dislike anything that resembles glitter on their lips...

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those that got Adored, does it show up that bright of a pink or is it more sheer? I'm trying to decide if I should keep or swap it.

It's a lot more sheer and normal-looking than it looks in the stick, but it does have a LOT of sparkle. I know some people dislike anything that resembles glitter on their lips...

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that got Adored, does it show up that bright of a pink or is it more sheer? I'm trying to decide if I should keep or swap it.
Thanks, I will go try it out! I don't mind glitter but I don't really do bold/super bright lips since I do my eyes so dramatic.

I got fever and it's a nice dark red with glitter I swatches the mally shadow stick and that sucker doesnt budge once on the skin. Reminds me of the maybelline tattooed eyes or whatever there called. We have a winner!

My WEN splooged out of the bottle because the cap wasn't screwed on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I hate dealing with QVC when it comes to a set of items. They want you to ship back every single thing, wait for them to process it, then wait for them to re-ship it instead of just replacing the one defective item. 

None of the links are working for me!  Any ideas, ladies?  I even tried putting in the product number, but it doesn't work.  Surely it couldn't be sold out already?  They haven't even had their day of beauty on April 14th yet.  I really want the StriVectin, I'm falling in love with it through the Beauty Army samples and I'm afraid to order it as it will take a gigantic chunk out of my budget!  I'd also love a LipSurgence.  The other things are icing on the cake, new products that I'll have fun playing around with.  It would be great if I could get on auto-renewal so I don't have to worry about it next season too.  I'm babying my little tiny samples of the Strivectin that I have and hopefully I can get this one or a few extras through trades with our lucky girls on this site who don't have to worry about wrinkles, lol!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's the link since the one above is not working.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A221410.desc.New-Beauty-9piece-Test-Tube-with-Magazine-Limited-Edition

Ugh.  That means that you'd have to go through a big fight with customer service just to get a positive result.  Especially after last time having to fight with them just to get a shipping credit because your Tarte eyeliner was ruined.  I hate shipping back things.  I hope it goes well with you and you get a great customer service rep this time.  Makes me appreciate Birchbox because they usually send out a replacement item right away without having to send everything back or credit your account with points.  Good luck!

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My WEN splooged out of the bottle because the cap wasn't screwed on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I hate dealing with QVC when it comes to a set of items. They want you to ship back every single thing, wait for them to process it, then wait for them to re-ship it instead of just replacing the one defective item. 

I got my testtube today! 

I am actually really excited for pretty much everything.

Variations I recieved:

Wen- Tea Tree; the wen from myglam bag makes my hair thick, but heavy. this one smells amazing though

Mally - Twilight, i was hoping by the name it would be dusky blue or black, it is a goldy taupe, really pretty when blended out

Tarte- Adored, light glittery pink with magenta, light pink and gold shimmers 

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh.  That means that you'd have to go through a big fight with customer service just to get a positive result.  Especially after last time having to fight with them just to get a shipping credit because your Tarte eyeliner was ruined.  I hate shipping back things.  I hope it goes well with you and you get a great customer service rep this time.  Makes me appreciate Birchbox because they usually send out a replacement item right away without having to send everything back or credit your account with points.  Good luck!

Yeah!! That whole Tarte thing was so irritating. I ended up throwing out the eyeliner and I still haven't used the shipping credit they so generously issued me LOL. I'm with you... Birchbox has amazing customer service and I definitely appreciate them for it.

This is the WEN I am hoping for . Mine hasnt shipped yet but the label has been created :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am so excited for this one 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my testtube today! 

I am actually really excited for pretty much everything.

Variations I recieved:

Wen- Tea Tree; the wen from myglam bag makes my hair thick, but heavy. this one smells amazing though

Mally - Twilight, i was hoping by the name it would be dusky blue or black, it is a goldy taupe, really pretty when blended out

Tarte- Adored, light glittery pink with magenta, light pink and gold shimmers 

Aw, man!  Are they already sold out?!?!  The link says that this product is currently unavailable and I was waiting for payday before I ordered this.  I really hope they get some more because I really want it!  Next time, I'll just charge it and then I won't have to worry about it. 

I looked and it seems they are no longer available, but they were suppose to go on sale on April 14th so maybe check their website then?

Mine was shipped today! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

last time was my first time, and there was a different item number created after they had them on TV, so watch out for that!

It definitely will be online on the 14th, those who ordered before they consider "previewers"

I just searched for testtube once it rolled around to be when they were on TV, it shows up immediately, not hidden or anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope they come back after they've been on TV.  I really want one!  Thanks

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

last time was my first time, and there was a different item number created after they had them on TV, so watch out for that!

It definitely will be online on the 14th, those who ordered before they consider "previewers"

I just searched for testtube once it rolled around to be when they were on TV, it shows up immediately, not hidden or anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They should be available this weekend. When I bought mine this week I think there was a notice that it was special Beauty Preview and only good til end of Tuesday or something. And that those items would be back later that week... I could be wrong but I thought I had seen that when I ordered on Tuesday

Ladies, don't worry. It will air on Saturday for sure. They are kicking off their all day beauty event on Friday night at 8 pm pacific and 11 pm eastern with the Friday Night Beauty show. I'd guess it'll air then. If not, it will be on one of the beauty shows they have all day Saturday. But you can always check qvc.com :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those who've tried WEN, is this good for straight, medium thick hair? Does it make hair limp, heavy or greasy? Been curious about this product but gun-shy to buy and try. Thought I get some feedback on this.

I decided to purchase this, lol. Its pay day, and my first pay check with my raise, so I deserve it! Or so I'll tell myself. 

Back