Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh great ! So i'll wait by the end of the week to order from them again. Awesome o/

Originally Posted by babyanj /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karen says there'll be more new products by Wednesday/Thursday. Thanks for the update! I've been looking forward to seeing what new products they'll be introducing!
biggrin.gif

I just received my samples. I haven't tried them yet but the shipping is extremely fast. I ordered Friday morning and got them in the mail today.

Originally Posted by dreamzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the update! I've been looking forward to seeing what new products they'll be introducing!
biggrin.gif
I hope they come out with more MAC clones!!!

Oh my god i made the biggest order to SN right now... Can't wait to get it, i absolutely love love love Climax and i'm so eager to try out their eyeshadows and lipsticks !!!

Right, I think I'm a convert too, and I may have found my HG foundation and finishing powder!

I mixed my foundation: 20 scoops white, 1 scoop ebony, 2 scoops warm, shook it up like a crazy woman, and applied: Et Voila, flawless skin! It is the perfect colour, easy to do by the way. My skin looks creamy and airbrushed in its flawlessness. I finished with date bait finishing powder, and it's given me a wonderful dewy healthy glow. Love it!!! Also, my skin feels soft and not dry at all.

I've just ordered more: some lipsticks, glosses and her stonewashed nudes palette.... Will review when I get them!!!!

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is their recipe sheet easy to follow? Very easy; I had no problem with it; you just start with the white and add the ebony or warm foundation till you get the colour of foundation that you want. Simple! Just make sure that you write down how much of everything you added so you don't forget for the next time!

Aurelie, you're a naughty girl
wink.gif
!! I just hope you won't forget to review your new products here
laughing.gif

It's true that the Silk Naturals website looks a little less user friendly than other MMU sites but once you get the hang of it, you won't notice it anymore. Karen's products are really great (I am in love with Climax and Vino blushes) and she pays attention to what we say about the website or the products: she modified the eyeshadow section of the website after some people (OK it was me
icon_rolleyes.gif
) complained about the previous system where the prices and quantities varied depending on the color of the eyeshadows. A good customer service is much more important than a beautiful website,IMO.
laughing.gif

I have been looking at beautiful FOTDs on blogs recently, and I can't wait to try! However, since I'm asian, I had to wait for the gorgeous Buttery Gold Perfect Harmony Foundation kit that was just released 11/02! A little birdy told me to wait for this kit that has more yellow in it for us yellow-toned gals. Can't wait to order and try this out!

This company is enticing but unfortunately I'm unable to use silk powder. I am ordering a few of their brushes.

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks so much mimosa! I gues what I mean for the recipe sheet is like does it help you achieve your desired color on what type of standards? Their own colors or like MAC color scheme. Hope this makes sense! It's their own colours, but I think it's better that way, as you will be able to achieve the foundation colour that's perfect for you! Also, you could send an email to Karen to ask about suggestions for mixing the colour if you have a MAC colour that you feel is perfect for you. I'm sure she will be very helpful!

I ordered their samples and I like them. They have a foundation sample set where you mix it yourself and it wasn't hard at all....

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I cannot wait for the makeup bags to make their appearance on her site! Me too! I have a very old Sephora bag, and I would love to have one that's specifically tested for MMU....
rockwoot.gif

I placed an order on the site last weekend and it says it is still processing... strange because karen usually ships all the orders really quickly.

Has anybody ordered from her last week?

I just hope she's had too much work from getting sooooooo many orders and that nothing's wrong.

I ordered on Nov. 2nd and got mine yesterday (Nov. 7). It *still* says 'processing' for me, too, and I have mine in my hot little hands. I am certain yours is in the mail!

ondine, mine is still in processing too (but from only 4 days ago), i was thinking it was a bit long but yours seems to take even more time... I'll be keeping an eye on it. Hope everything's okay !

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I placed an order on the site last weekend and it says it is still processing... strange because karen usually ships all the orders really quickly.Has anybody ordered from her last week?

I just hope she's had too much work from getting sooooooo many orders and that nothing's wrong.

I was wondering exactly the same! I also placed an order, and I have the same message.

Oh I never thought i'd get so many replies from people in the same situation so soon
jawsdown.gif
, thanks girls
icon_cheers.gif

Well judging from jward's message it seems she's having problems with her website or she's simply forgotten to update the status of our orders... I hope so at least! so we'll all get our nice little orders (well not so little for you aurelie for all I know
rotfl.gif
) soon
11.gif

Back