Skinny jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a few pairs of skinny jeans, and I think they look hot. I am very tall, with extra long legs. I have a small bubble butt, but since it's very tight, I think it looks great. I think more women can wear them if they have the confidence, but if you have wide hips, you should probably skip these. This is the look that skinny jeans were ment for. Long skinny legs ,little butt. If your on the bigger side they still look great only is you have a boys shape.(Like me) Hippy gals need not apply.

It is just a matter of finding the right pair of skinny jeans. I have notticed that the fit on skinny jeans varies greatly depending on the brand. I have had several clients in various shapes and sizes purchase the skinny jean. Stay away from the high-waisted versions though...

Originally Posted by dior_addict595 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is just a matter of finding the right pair of skinny jeans. I have notticed that the fit on skinny jeans varies greatly depending on the brand. I have had several clients in various shapes and sizes purchase the skinny jean. Stay away from the high-waisted versions though... Your going to find that in any jean.

My new jeans are stretchy on top and boot cut on the bottom. They complement my hourglass figure with athletic but not huge legs.

I don't remember if tapered legs or leggings looked good on me or not. I remember a lot of people wearing leg warmers or boots with them when I was younger.

Is anyone seeing leg warmers?

Originally Posted by devorah /img/forum/go_quote.gif My new jeans are stretchy on top and boot cut on the bottom. They complement my hourglass figure with athletic but not huge legs.I don't remember if tapered legs or leggings looked good on me or not. I remember a lot of people wearing leg warmers or boots with them when I was younger.

Is anyone seeing leg warmers?

Thats so funny now that skinny jeans are back and so are leggins(yes, there is a god) I was hopping leg warmers were on the way too. Because I just pulled mine out of the closet just in case!!!
11a.gif

Reading this thread has made me curious about how these skinny jeans would look on me. I'm usually not one to follow trends, but I might just take a whack at it and try some on. I'm almost positive I won't like them... but you never know, right? I don't have much of an ass and my hips are pretty average sized... I'm no twig, that's for sure. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Originally Posted by graceface /img/forum/go_quote.gif i was with a friend who was trying a whole bunch of skinny jeans and we both agreed that none of them looked good on. I'm just not sure if I like the look at all, you really need a certain body type for them. When it comes to being "in fashion" I always say that just because it's "in" doesn't mean its "in" for me because I'd rather buy something because it fits well on me and flatters my body as opposed to buying something that's trendy. I've already seen too many people wearing skinny jeans who'd be better off in another style. there's my 2 cents! I agree with you. That being said, my own opinion is, speaking of fashion, the 80's wasn't really too kind to women with stylish and flattering clothing back then.
However---I like the functional part of skinny jeans - meaning the fact that if you want to tuck your jeans into your boots, skinny jeans are the way to go (I'd buy them with stretch). To compensate for not having a skinny upper half, I'd wear a long sweater or tunic with them. I think this is the way a curvy gal (like me) can get away with wearing skinny jeans and not look like sausage in casing.
add_wegbrech.gif

Ok I doubt they will look good on me. Actually I know they won't lol. Low riders didn't work for me either. I have a long waist and very short legs and on top of that I am a kind of rectangle/athletic shape meaning I have wide shoulders and my hips are about the save width as my shoulders. I think my butt, hips and low tummy would look terrible in these jeans. But my sis who has a short waist, long legs and is a size 6 (but looks less than that) would look good in these !

Ok kids I've jumped on the skinny jean bandwagon. I just got my first pair tonight! They are so hot. OMG! A tanktop,skinny jeans and heels. Thats the look for the club Saturday. LOVE 'EM
11a.gif

Actually, I love skinny jeans! They make the legs & tush look very sexy! I just wish they would add a boot cut to the style. The narrow cut at the ankle makes everything look disproportionate. The "skinny" jeans I have bunch up around my ankles no matter which shoes or boots I wear with them. That's the downside. If the hem won't go over the shoes/boots, I think the look is lost. Just looks odd, no matter how sexy your rear looks!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I haven't purchased any "skinny" jeans for some time. Do they make them with a boot cut, or does the term still imply a "cigarette" leg all the way down to the hem? If anyone knows, please post! Thanks in advance!

BFN,

Dennery

Urgh I hate them!

I think they look good on my friends and stuff.

I'm 5 10" and a UK size 8/10 and they just look awful on me. For some reason they seem to be tighter on the bottom of my legs as opposed to my thighs?

I thought I was supposed to be the ideal sort of person to wear them - evidently not lol.

Well I guess I will never say never about anything but I think my boot cuts are much more flattering

I bought my first pair yesterday and am wearing them now, but suddenly I feel a self consious
laughing.gif
I'm a tad.....uh....hippy
icon_sad.gif

Otherwise, I love them and think they are so cute.

I think this "trend" is hideous. They don't flatter the likes of *anybody*, whether you're the thin/supermodel-esque type or an average figure or whatever.... the style will never flatter anybody, will always make even the smallest feet look HUGE and remind me of the strung-out, Mick Jagger type -- yes, the type that has PROBLEMS. Steer away from this if you know whats good for you
thrashi.gif

I'm 5ft2 and wear skinny jeans. I think it's more down to the colour of the jeans. Most of mine are faded down the front which, I don't know if it's just me, but seem to help avoid making my legs look small and chunky. Also I wear some of mine with long t-shirts which takes the attention away from your buttocks and again helps avoid looking like you have stumpy legs ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
biggrin.gif

I can't wear them- I just can't. I guess it has something to do with my disproportionate butt.

I love them. Dark denim skinnys just look so classy. Especially with heels. They look like shit on me, but with a 5'2 frame and HUGE hips to match what can you expect? It was the same deal when leggings with denim minis became popular. I really wanted to wear them, but my thunder thighs weren't having that so I just stayed away from them. It's kind of depressing. Lol

Latest posts

Back