Starlooks November 2013 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What?!? Holy awesome box Batman! Is this seriously what we're getting? Most of those colors are way out of my comfort zone so I'm BEYOND excited to try them out. I've been hiding in my comfort zone for too long. It's time to be adventurous & have some fun! I'm way excited about ALL of it! (Even the little extra item! I lose those way too much & always need a spare!)
I'm super thrilled too.  It was posted on one of my facebook groups by someone whose mail apparently comes first thing in the morning (i.e. a lucky person).  I am so beyond excited (although this is definitely beyond my comfort zone too).

Y'know, my eye reads that red as orange. It's right next to that blue, and the liner is blue. Orange and blue are complementary colors. I wonder if this month is a lesson in color theory!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Y'know, my eye reads that red as orange. It's right next to that blue, and the liner is blue. Orange and blue are complementary colors. I wonder if this month is a lesson in color theory!
http://looksbook.starlooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/color-diff.jpg  They posted this as their "spoiler" and I think the colors all work really well together.  I'm excited to play with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird. That still looks orange to me.
Oh I agree.  I see orange and pink undertones.  We'll see when I have it in my grubby little hands haha.

Wow, the box this month is a $72 value (not including the random sharpener)! Got my Birthday box last month, and hopefully my first referral box coming shortly and then the December palette...My makeup drawers are full of Starlooks now! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, the box this month is a $72 value (not including the random sharpener)! Got my Birthday box last month, and hopefully my first referral box coming shortly and then the December palette...My makeup drawers are full of Starlooks now! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If your avatar is actually you, can you please come to my house and teach me how you do your eye makeup?  You're GORGEOUS!

I think that might have sounded weird, but it wasn't intentional.

It's a five color shadow palette, a gel liner in a GORGEOUS color blue, a liner brush, and a random pencil sharpener (which made no sense, but whatever)  
Info :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I guess that that! This is my first month and I get circus paint! I think I am going to un sub!! This is an awful kit. Who can wear this stuff? Yuck!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I guess that that! This is my first month and I get circus paint! I think I am going to un sub!! This is an awful kit. Who can wear this stuff? Yuck!
I'd wait until you test it in person. It looks intimidating in the photos, but really the only "questionable" shade is the red/orange color. The rest are great neutrals.

I'd wait until you test it in person. It looks intimidating in the photos, but really the only "questionable" shade is the red/orange color. The rest are great neutrals.
I'll,see, I just got my shipping notice. They look terribly bright and very primary! I guess I am more of an earthy tone kind of girl! LOL that's the way it goes. . . You just take chances when you get these. Some months you do and some you don't!

Maybe saying, "I don't really like these colors.  I think I'll unsub" would likely have been enough.  Not to be a jerk. but calling it circus paint as well as saying "who can wear this stuff?" and "yuck" essentially insults everyone that already posted how much they love their box.  It's just...unnecessary and, quite frankly, rude.

For everyone actually interested in this box, I played with it for a couple of minutes and, while I went a little bold by using a lot of the palette, here's what I've got so far.  I am terrible at selfies, sorry.  I was trying to get the eye makeup in the photo without looking weird and, frankly, I look kinda weird haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a five color shadow palette, a gel liner in a GORGEOUS color blue, a liner brush, and a random pencil sharpener (which made no sense, but whatever)

Info
smile.gif

Well, I guess that that! This is my first month and I get circus paint! I think I am going to un sub!! This is an awful kit. Who can wear this stuff? Yuck! I wear bright colors nearly every day of my life. And I don't think I look like I'm wearing circus paint. I'm sorry it's not to your taste, but please be careful not to be insulting toward those who DO like colors.

By the way, the red/orange color is more of a deep pink.  I think it looks best blended with other colors.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe saying, "I don't really like these colors.  I think I'll unsub" would likely have been enough.  Not to be a jerk. but calling it circus paint as well as saying "who can wear this stuff?" and "yuck" essentially insults everyone that already posted how much they love their box.  It's just...unnecessary and, quite frankly, rude.

For everyone actually interested in this box, I played with it for a couple of minutes and, while I went a little bold by using a lot of the palette, here's what I've got so far.  I am terrible at selfies, sorry.  I was trying to get the eye makeup in the photo without looking weird and, frankly, I look kinda weird haha.

You look great! And I love your necklace!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wear bright colors nearly every day of my life. And I don't think I look like I'm wearing circus paint. I'm sorry it's not to your taste, but please be careful not to be insulting toward those who DO like colors.

Indeed!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You look great! And I love your necklace!

Aww, thank you.  And that necklace was $5 on Amazon.  I bought it to get to a point where I'd get free shipping.  I thought I'd hate it and it turned out to be one of my favorite things.

I wear bright colors nearly every day of my life. And I don't think I look like I'm wearing circus paint. I'm sorry it's not to your taste, but please be careful not to be insulting toward those who DO like colors.
What she said. Sub boxes are not good ideas for people who stay within a narrow color palette. The whole point of this sub is to push you outside your comfort zone. For those of us who like to branch out, they're fantastic. My big problem is that I do love color but tend to keep buying greens, blues, and purples. This sub gives me the colors I would otherwise never buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't see what's so bad about it. A lot of the colors aside from the bright orange/red/pink shade are very wearable and not out of the box. The one bright color is what really makes the palette stand out and make the color scheme a little different.

Latest posts

Back