The I hit pan on...thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good job!!! I would say, if youre tired of the palette but want to keep making progress, do what Amber F does and just use it in conjunction with other shadows or palettes.... that way you're still putting in a dent by using it in the crease, or accents, or anything, without getting entirely too bored of it. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still trying to make progress on my naked palette. SIGH. Why didnt I start with a smaller palette?
Yep, that's actually what I've been doing for the past... 6 months? I'd choose a different a palette every week to mix-and-match. I've used this palette pretty consistently for the past 1.5 years. The white highlight shade has been used for the inner corner of my eyes almost every time I've worn makeup for the past year so I'm close to but haven't yet hit pan on it - I don't highlight my brow-bone because I don't take care of my brows and the shadow would just get caught in the hairs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm just kind of tired of seeing it on my counter all the time so I want to focus on using something else for a bit.

Yep, that's actually what I've been doing for the past... 6 months? I'd choose a different a palette every week to mix-and-match. I've used this palette pretty consistently for the past 1.5 years. The white highlight shade has been used for the inner corner of my eyes almost every time I've worn makeup for the past year so I'm close to but haven't yet hit pan on it - I don't highlight my brow-bone because I don't take care of my brows and the shadow would just get caught in the hairs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm just kind of tired of seeing it on my counter all the time so I want to focus on using something else for a bit.
oh man after 1.5 years (and 6 months of consistent use!), i'd be tired of it too xD switch it out for a month until you're pumped to use it again.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get through my naked palette without absolutely hating it. after having stuck to the exact same items for over a month now, and I am SOOOOO Looking forward to switching stuff out. I can't imagine using the same palette for 6 months straight.

They look like beautiful shades! I pulled it out to play wit hit, and think will look nice this summer. What primer do you use? I have UDPP but I know sometimes even as hardcore as it is with like 99% of my eyeshadows, it doesn't keep certain shades from fading on me.
I use Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. It works well for me with all shadows.

oh man after 1.5 years (and 6 months of consistent use!), i'd be tired of it too xD switch it out for a month until you're pumped to use it again.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get through my naked palette without absolutely hating it. after having stuck to the exact same items for over a month now, and I am SOOOOO Looking forward to switching stuff out. I can't imagine using the same palette for 6 months straight.
Yeah - I've used the white highlight shade almost daily (the other colors I've used 3-4 times/week) and it's a little disheartening to see how long it takes to hit pan for me. I'm actually thinking of doing an Instain Blush parade next week for the Monday Club - I feel that this way I can remind myself of what I have. When I stash stuff away and stick to the same things I don't mentally register how much I own and I feel guilty for neglecting my stuff. I'll probably try a palette parade in the future, too.

I think one of the reasons why Amber F uses up eyeshadows so quickly is because of her eyelids and how she does her eye looks. She has a full-hooded eyelid and applies shadow all the way up to above the socket of her eye so the shadow is visible even when her eyes are open - so she uses a lot of eyeshadow per application. I have small, hooded eyelids that are a monolid/double-lid hybrid and I only put shadow on the lid part (my eyelid space is about the extent of a very thick eyeliner) and I don't put eyeshadow in the socket of my eye because the fold/crease of my eye is way lower than the socket (where a "normal" crease/fold would be located) - therefore I don't use a lot of eyeshadow per application (the upside is I can wear bright colors subtly - which is great since I'm going into a professional field).

Basically, everyone uses different amounts of eyeshadow/products and of course, that will affect how long it takes to finish something up. I don't use that much eyeshadow at once so that's why it takes me so long to hit pan on an eyeshadow.

Yeah - I've used the white highlight shade almost daily (the other colors I've used 3-4 times/week) and it's a little disheartening to see how long it takes to hit pan for me. I'm actually thinking of doing an Instain Blush parade next week for the Monday Club - I feel that this way I can remind myself of what I have. When I stash stuff away and stick to the same things I don't mentally register how much I own and I feel guilty for neglecting my stuff. I'll probably try a palette parade in the future, too.

I think one of the reasons why Amber F uses up eyeshadows so quickly is because of her eyelids and how she does her eye looks. She has a full-hooded eyelid and applies shadow all the way up to above the socket of her eye so the shadow is visible even when her eyes are open - so she uses a lot of eyeshadow per application. I have small, hooded eyelids that are a monolid/double-lid hybrid and I only put shadow on the lid part (my eyelid space is about the extent of a very thick eyeliner) and I don't put eyeshadow in the socket of my eye because the fold/crease of my eye is way lower than the socket (where a "normal" crease/fold would be located) - therefore I don't use a lot of eyeshadow per application (the upside is I can wear bright colors subtly - which is great since I'm going into a professional field).

Basically, everyone uses different amounts of eyeshadow/products and of course, that will affect how long it takes to finish something up. I don't use that much eyeshadow at once so that's why it takes me so long to hit pan on an eyeshadow.
Ohh absolutely! I have weirdly shaped lids :C actually, it's because of how my lids "fold" when I open my eyes...so even though my eyes are mostly symmetrical, once my lids fold one eyelid looks bigger than the other... it's irritating and I have to compensate by wearing eyeliner in different "widths" when I put it on...

Milk chocolate eye shadow from my too faced a few of my favorite things palette! What a boring shade to hit pan on! But hey, pan is pan! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
pan is certainly pan.

Way to go!

Usually neutrals or transition shades are the ones people hit pan on faster because they can be used with every look, every day. most people don't wear neon teal on their eyes on the daily ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not sure if this is hit pan, or used it up...but I tossed my Elizabeth Mott It's so Big mascara today. I was thinking that I purchased it in December and maybe opened it in late February I think....not quite sure but I feel s time to say goodbye and move on. I tossed it and feel a tiny bit better. Gawd I loved that mascara. :wub:

Not sure if this is hit pan, or used it up...but I tossed my Elizabeth Mott It's so Big mascara today. I was thinking that I purchased it in December and maybe opened it in late February I think....not quite sure but I feel s time to say goodbye and move on. I tossed it and feel a tiny bit better. Gawd I loved that mascara. :wub:
That mascara is soo good! Working on mine atm.. Will be sad to see it go :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I FINALLY hit pan on the pixi bronzer from November's ipsy. I have been using that every single day. Took forever! So excited though! I was so determined to hit pan before I switched to any other kind.

I hit pan on the peach and the green in my MUFE 5 Camouflage Cream Palette... makes sense because I use these two the most! :wub:   I'm close to pan on the lightest concealer shade, but now that my skin is clear and I don't have to conceal blemishes any more, I don't think I will ever use any of the other three up. Just happy that two are getting low. (I've had this thing for an embarrassingly long time.)

I hit pan on my ELF studio golden bronzer.  I've had this for a while and not really used it but I'm really loving it this summer for some reason. 

I was doing my makeup this morning and hit pan on another eyeshadow in my LORAC Unzipped palette. Now I have hit pan on 3 shadows in this palette.

DSCN2850.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
2d1oetw.jpg

This morning while I was putting on my face it finally happened. I hit pan on my purple shadow in the Jazz Night Palette from Nyx. The one on the top right. Also, I am making some progress on the bottom one and a lot more pan is showing than it did in the begining of this week. Seeing pan makes me soooo happy! Now I want to pan everything in my collection. only issue is it may take me a lifetime or so :lol:

I hit pan on my MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow, and it was the first time I ever hit pan on a product! It's so bittersweet for me. I can't decide how I feel about hitting pan, but I know buying new products always makes me happy!

2d1oetw.jpg

This morning while I was putting on my face it finally happened. I hit pan on my purple shadow in the Jazz Night Palette from Nyx. The one on the top right. Also, I am making some progress on the bottom one and a lot more pan is showing than it did in the begining of this week. Seeing pan makes me soooo happy! Now I want to pan everything in my collection. only issue is it may take me a lifetime or so :lol:
Yay! You did it!

2d1oetw.jpg

I hit pan on my MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow, and it was the first time I ever hit pan on a product! It's so bittersweet for me. I can't decide how I feel about hitting pan, but I know buying new products always makes me happy!
WOOP WOOP!

Way to go ladies! 

Deenah, try hitting pan on all of these shades, and maybe even finishing it, then move onto another palette ;p 

WOOP WOOP!

Way to go ladies! 

Deenah, try hitting pan on all of these shades, and maybe even finishing it, then move onto another palette ;p 
No way! :lol: I will try to hit pan on two or three other shades and then I'll toss it. It's so old I'm ashamed to confess :blush: . I'll switch it up next week but I'll make sure to use it some more in the following months.

I'm watching Amber F on Youtube pan her palettes and I'm all "Oh my God, is this even possible?" :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back