Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody else think there are boxes and boxes of the Ruffian polish at the Birchbox office? It seems like every promo I see has one of the polishes in it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need more lippies! Would love a wine colored one. Maybe a sparkley eyeliner, if such a thing exists? Lol.
Jouer makes one and all of the swatches look crazy beautiful

​Hmm…  I think my list would look something like:

• Festive seasonal nail wraps, preferably with snowflakes (I think December is going to be Month of the Nail Wrap for me!  But Sally Hansen seems to have stopped making holiday nail strips.  Sad panda!)
  • Moisturizing face/hair masks
  • Hand cream
  • Body/lip butter 
  • (Basically, all of the hardcore moisturizing treatments!)
  • Kitty tranquilizers (OH MY GOD THEY HAVE *ALL* THE BATSHITS THIS MORNING!)
  • Pink champagne highlighter
  • NO FASHION TAPE.  The last time they sent this, it ripped my flesh off, and I think it actually hit a nerve because it felt like someone was zapping me with a teeny tiny electrode whenever my clothing brushed the wound!  It's been two years, and I'm *still* freaked out about that stuff.
  • Blush (preferably cream) for pale, cool skin
  • Two boxes with completely different items

I also want a deep cobalt eyeliner pencil with a bit of ultra fine shimmer because December is also going to be all about icy cool colors like blue, purple, pink, and mint for me, but I may actually already own one.  I need to check my collection.  

Quote: Originally Posted by had706 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Updates!

Not quoting this post specifically, but rather every post from someone typing "Updates!" or some variation.... What the heck is the point of this? Are we not all here looking for updates, & why must it be posted continuously?  It's somewhat irritating to open up page 1 alone and see "updates" posted 10 times.

Not quoting this post specifically, but rather every post from someone typing "Updates!" or some variation.... What the heck is the point of this? Are we not all here looking for updates, & why must it be posted continuously?  It's somewhat irritating to open up page 1 alone and see "updates" posted 10 times.
Actually, commenting in a thread is one of the easiest ways to subscribe to said thread (WHOOO! I rhymed!). So what people are actually doing is stating "I'm subscribing to this thread for updates." But that takes to long to type out, so most of us just say "Updates!" Hope this helps! I assure you, we're not deliberately trying to be annoying!

People post "Updates!" so it can link to their "my subscriptions" page. While yes, it does get bothersome it's not that big of a deal. I think there might be a button somewhere in which you will be able to sub without posting, but I am on my phone when using MUT most of the time and I do not see that button in the mobile version. I can't speak for anyone else, but that is the reason why *i* post "Updates!" If I want to subscribe. Hopefully someone, or yourself, can show where that subscribe button is but I don't think that will stop people from simply posting "Updates!l in the board. I also think of it as people letting everyone else know they've arrived to the BB thread party ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, commenting in a thread is one of the easiest ways to subscribe to said thread (WHOOO! I rhymed!). So what people are actually doing is stating "I'm subscribing to this thread for updates." But that takes to long to type out, so most of us just say "Updates!"

Hope this helps! I assure you, we're not deliberately trying to be annoying!
okay gotcha! I seem to automatically get subscribed to new threads with the word "birchbox" in the title. I was unaware that typing in a thread subscribed you to it. I knew there had to be an explanation since it is somewhat implied that we are reading this thread for updates!

On mobile, the Subscribe Button is the pink arrow in a box at the top of the page. Click It and it takes you to a black page that says Subscribe and a couple other options. Search is also there. On desktop, even on phones, the Subscribe Button is at the top of the thread as well, in tiny letters, so it may be hard to find, but it's there. It also annoys me greatly when people post "Updates!" everywhere. I think everybody needs to be sent the Tutorial on How to Subscribe to a Thread.

Actually, commenting in a thread is one of the easiest ways to subscribe to said thread (WHOOO! I rhymed!). So what people are actually doing is stating "I'm subscribing to this thread for updates." But that takes to long to type out, so most of us just say "Updates!" Hope this helps! I assure you, we're not deliberately trying to be annoying!
okay gotcha! I seem to automatically get subscribed to new threads with the word "birchbox" in the title. I was unaware that typing in a thread subscribed you to it. I knew there had to be an explanation since it is somewhat implied that we are reading this thread for updates!
Actually, everyone who joins the Birchbox Group is automatically subscribed to every Thread in the Birchbox Forum. They just can't usually tell that on Mobile. It shows up in My Subscriptions on Desktop with everything Birchbox, but on Mobile the My Subscriptions page only shows threads you actually have posted in and/or hit the Subscribe Button for. Most of the Updates posters seem to be Mobile site users.

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On mobile, the Subscribe Button is the pink arrow in a box at the top of the page. Click It and it takes you to a black page that says Subscribe and a couple other options. Search is also there. On desktop, even on phones, the Subscribe Button is at the top of the thread as well, in tiny letters, so it may be hard to find, but it's there.

It also annoys me greatly when people post "Updates!" everywhere. I think everybody needs to be sent the Tutorial on How to Subscribe to a Thread.

Thank you! I hope people read this... I have never had to type in a thread to be subscribed to it (although I only read bbox threads) so I know I probably did something when I first joined MUT. I believed I subbed to the group "Birchbox Subscribers", therefore am automatically notified if there is a new thread up under that group title.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

People post "Updates!" so it can link to their "my subscriptions" page. While yes, it does get bothersome it's not that big of a deal. I think there might be a button somewhere in which you will be able to sub without posting, but I am on my phone when using MUT most of the time and I do not see that button in the mobile version. I can't speak for anyone else, but that is the reason why *i* post "Updates!" If I want to subscribe.

Hopefully someone, or yourself, can show where that subscribe button is but I don't think that will stop people from simply posting "Updates!l in the board. I also think of it as people letting everyone else know they've arrived to the BB thread party
wink.gif

RIght, that is why I do it.  But if there is a subscribe button....I could do that instead.  

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ​Hmm…  I think my list would look something like:

• Festive seasonal nail wraps, preferably with snowflakes (I think December is going to be Month of the Nail Wrap for me!  But Sally Hansen seems to have stopped making holiday nail strips.  Sad panda!)
  • Moisturizing face/hair masks
  • Hand cream
  • Body/lip butter 
  • (Basically, all of the hardcore moisturizing treatments!)
  • Kitty tranquilizers (OH MY GOD THEY HAVE *ALL* THE BATSHITS THIS MORNING!)
  • Pink champagne highlighter
  • NO FASHION TAPE.  The last time they sent this, it ripped my flesh off, and I think it actually hit a nerve because it felt like someone was zapping me with a teeny tiny electrode whenever my clothing brushed the wound!  It's been two years, and I'm *still* freaked out about that stuff.
  • Blush (preferably cream) for pale, cool skin
  • Two boxes with completely different items

I also want a deep cobalt eyeliner pencil with a bit of ultra fine shimmer because December is also going to be all about icy cool colors like blue, purple, pink, and mint for me, but I may actually already own one.  I need to check my collection.  

Have you tried the cat pheromones that plug into the mall like a glade plug in?  My roommate gets them for his cat, because when she is stressed out she is a total nightmare (re:peeing on everything including furniture, every. single. day.)  They seem to work/relax her a lot.  He got them because his mom bought them for her cats when all of a sudden, after six years of living together, started fighting.  Cats can smell them but I can't, and my dog is unaffected by it.

Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On mobile, the Subscribe Button is the pink arrow in a box at the top of the page. Click It and it takes you to a black page that says Subscribe and a couple other options. Search is also there. On desktop, even on phones, the Subscribe Button is at the top of the thread as well, in tiny letters, so it may be hard to find, but it's there.

It also annoys me greatly when people post "Updates!" everywhere. I think everybody needs to be sent the Tutorial on How to Subscribe to a Thread.

It doesn't always work, though.  I try to post actual content in order to subscribe to a thread, but just saying to click that button is kind of useless for those of us who have *tried* to subscribe that way but remain unsubscribed.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried the cat pheromones that plug into the mall like a glade plug in?  My roommate gets them for his cat, because when she is stressed out she is a total nightmare (re:peeing on everything including furniture, every. single. day.)  They seem to work/relax her a lot.  He got them because his mom bought them for her cats when all of a sudden, after six years of living together, started fighting.  Cats can smell them but I can't, and my dog is unaffected by it.
Does it work when the problem is kitties just suddenly RACING RACING RACING FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES OMG I SWEAR THIS IS NOT THE GRAND PRIX, YOU LITTLE FREAKSHOWS!?  They don't fight or pee.  They just spontaneously start *zooming* across the living room, up the climbing tree, down the tree, into the kitchen, up onto the bookcase, etc.  Sometimes they're chasing each other, and sometimes they're by themselves with the other kitty just watching and clearly taking notes for their *own* upcoming reign of terror.

Back