Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it bad that I simply say "Updates!" instead of clicking the Subscribe button merely because I love using this smiley:
bud.gif
HUZZAH! Updates! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't always work, though.  I try to post actual content in order to subscribe to a thread, but just saying to click that button is kind of useless for those of us who have *tried* to subscribe that way but remain unsubscribed.

Does it work when the problem is kitties just suddenly RACING RACING RACING FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES OMG I SWEAR THIS IS NOT THE GRAND PRIX, YOU LITTLE FREAKSHOWS!?  They don't fight or pee.  They just spontaneously start *zooming* across the living room, up the climbing tree, down the tree, into the kitchen, up onto the bookcase, etc.  Sometimes they're chasing each other, and sometimes they're by themselves with the other kitty just watching and clearly taking notes for their *own* upcoming reign of terror.
I have no idea!  I just know that it works because it calms them down, so I think maybe yes.

Not sure why, but I always have to subscribe to a new thread even though I am subscribed to the forum. This thread for example.... I didn't see it (I've been preoccupied with the secret Santa thread) until just 2 days ago. All of a sudden I was like oh my gosh...it's almost December and I haven't seen the December ipsy/BB threads. I'm usually so much more on the ball. Totally slacking! I usually will just make a regular post, but sometimes if I'm in a hurry I will just post "updates" as well.

I hit subscribe but it gets lost in the million threads I subscribe to. Posting will help me follow a thread because I can start reading where I left off. 

I don't think it's annoying. It's whatever. 

IMHO I don't find "updates" anywhere as annoying as 2,3,4 pages of OT chit chat. But even that isn't too annoying, I think it'd be fine If that OT chat was hidden in spoilers so we didn't all have to read it. It'd be a lot easier to skin across at least. Ps, I get that December hasn't even started yet, let alone any sneak peaks so OT talk is somewhat expected right now anyways. I was mainly referring to after the BB month has already started.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Subbing for updates ladies!  I haven't been around because my 15 stepson just moved in from across the country and WOW have I been busy!

Okay, my wishlist:

Night cream

Body butter (I didn't get one last month)

Pretty Accessory (sparkly for the holidays)

Day after rescue/refresh for skin!!!

Simple Syrups
I agree with the SS part. Although I realize BB Man is more expensive, I'd love if they'd incorporate some of that stuff in the BB woman box!  I'm often envious of their extras -- women like simple syrups and whiskey stones, too!

iagree.gif
 I would definitely pay more for extras like that.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On mobile, the Subscribe Button is the pink arrow in a box at the top of the page. Click It and it takes you to a black page that says Subscribe and a couple other options. Search is also there. On desktop, even on phones, the Subscribe Button is at the top of the thread as well, in tiny letters, so it may be hard to find, but it's there.

It also annoys me greatly when people post "Updates!" everywhere. I think everybody needs to be sent the Tutorial on How to Subscribe to a Thread.

It doesn't always work, though.  I try to post actual content in order to subscribe to a thread, but just saying to click that button is kind of useless for those of us who have *tried* to subscribe that way but remain unsubscribed.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried the cat pheromones that plug into the mall like a glade plug in?  My roommate gets them for his cat, because when she is stressed out she is a total nightmare (re:peeing on everything including furniture, every. single. day.)  They seem to work/relax her a lot.  He got them because his mom bought them for her cats when all of a sudden, after six years of living together, started fighting.  Cats can smell them but I can't, and my dog is unaffected by it.
Does it work when the problem is kitties just suddenly RACING RACING RACING FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES OMG I SWEAR THIS IS NOT THE GRAND PRIX, YOU LITTLE FREAKSHOWS!?  They don't fight or pee.  They just spontaneously start *zooming* across the living room, up the climbing tree, down the tree, into the kitchen, up onto the bookcase, etc.  Sometimes they're chasing each other, and sometimes they're by themselves with the other kitty just watching and clearly taking notes for their *own* upcoming reign of terror.

My cat does this every night usually at 3am or whenever  I want to sleep in.

Birchbox had a limited offer kickin off their Black Friday of $50 off any order, no minimum order! Code is 50SHOPPINGSPREE and valid starting today. good luck!!

Birchbox had a limited offer kickin off their Black Friday of $50 off any order, no minimum order! Code is 50SHOPPINGSPREE and valid starting today. good luck!!
I just tried it on an $80 order and it didn't work. Maybe I will try another browser.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kennelly1017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was working for awhile and now it's not. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It was working for awhile and now it's not. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It did say it was limited. They are doing special offers all week this week. I saw more posted (50 points, free gifts, etc) they were easy to find on the mobile app, which is where I saw this $50 off one. Hopefully they will have others later in the week.

It did say it was limited. They are doing special offers all week this week. I saw more posted (50 points, free gifts, etc) they were easy to find on the mobile app, which is where I saw this $50 off one. Hopefully they will have others later in the week.

So you're telling me I need to stalk the mobile app!  Thanks for the info, you are AMAZING!

Where in the app did you see it?

It worked for me though, btw.
w00t.gif
beer.gif
roflmao.gif
yess.gif
11.gif

Well that pisses me off- sucks for the loyal Android Birchboxers. 
I'm hoping they will come out with an app for android...it would be nice to know some offers too! I like deals:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennelly1017 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I hope that's true!  I had been admiring the Snow Day boxes for awhile, and was able to snag one on both of my accounts for $0.  I'm crossing my fingers they'll be honored!  I only remembered to grab a mystery pack on one account because I was flipping out. haha

Updates! I'm hoping for a good moisturizer (my skin is soo dry right now!) and maybe something to help with winter frizzy hair? Maybe I just need a humidifier in my apartment...

Well that pisses me off- sucks for the loyal Android Birchboxers. 
I'm hoping they will come out with an app for android...it would be nice to know some offers too! I like deals:)
It was on the regular website too, I just happened to be using my iPhone in bed browsing through the holiday section looking for a gift for my father in law when I saw them. I just favorited so I could find it easier. I got the code and made the purchase in the regular website this morning.

I see that now -- I'm annoyed I tried to make sure my cart was above $50.... I would have gotten it if I let myself be a touch more greedy today. Ugh.

Back