Graze.com USA-- $5/box + First Month free!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dalylah explained a bit with verbiage from the ToS earlier - hopefully this sheds some light on the issue for you! We're all happy to answer any additional questions if you have 'em
smile.gif
I understand the part you quoted, but I don't understand why we cannot PM referral links or ask for them? That's what I feel was implied and just wondering why that isn't allowed. Thanks Jess P =)

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dalylah explained a bit with verbiage from the ToS earlier - hopefully this sheds some light on the issue for you! We're all happy to answer any additional questions if you have 'em
smile.gif

I understand the part you quoted, but I don't understand why we cannot PM referral links or ask for them? That's what I feel was implied and just wondering why that isn't allowed. Thanks Jess P =)

Yep, the parts posted certainly apply to POSTING a link, but I don't really see where it mentions sharing them privately. I could see a problem with something like "Visit my blog for a referral link", but I honestly don't see the problem with something like what was happening here - people requesting invites, and people responding to their requests, especially since the only way to sign up for the service at this time is with an invite code, y'know?

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes. thank you, I am also just attempting to understand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not question their validity. 

I understand that within the boards we should not post blog links, referral links or asking for votes in contests, but I am more concerned with the bit about PM's as well

I am assuming that because that would be using traffic from this site to help yourself earn "rewards", and because there could be unsuspecting users who click without knowing/consenting,

but if somebody requests a referral in a PM, what is the issue with this 

thanks to any mod who can clarify! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of wish they had a box that offered 5 snacks instead of 4, though...one for each work day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too...just means that one day I am "forced" to eat junk out of the vending machine!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of wish they had a box that offered 5 snacks instead of 4, though...one for each work day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes, even 7 days, ha, ha!

I , too had a problem with the site. I did try a different browser and could access the site that way.

Here's my attempt to help explain and interpret the rule. This is straight from the ToS

Restrictions on Use
You agree that you will not:

3. use the Site for promotional or commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by Huddler or MakeupTalk.com;

Both requesting referral links and distributing referral links via PM is still USING the site for promotional and commercial purposes, so it doesn't matter if it is a PM because it is still occurring on site. 

Not to mention this rule has been enforced in the past, it's not something new that we came up with especially for Graze. Here's one example that came to my mind: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/130596/free-planner-ended

Morning folks! I'll be home later this evening, waiting to board my first flight this morning. It's going to be a long day. I am aware of some of the situation that has happened and once home will have the staff brief me on what's going on.

I have a code to subscribe but after I enter the code it says my 1st and 5th boxes are free and when I click the Continue box it doesn't go anywhere and no option to sign up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just signed up. I am trying to snack healthier, and I love packages in the mail. I will try out my first free box, and then decide if I want to continue. I am very excited though. 

This is making me hungry just looking at it!  Especially the dipper stuff... and the cheesy stuff.. and the herb-y stuff..  and the chocolate-y stuff..
icon_lol.gif

It could be expensive to do every week, but I've gotten into a bad supermarket impulse-purchase habit lately, so I subscribed on the theory that yummy healthy surprise snacks coming in the mail might make the random supermarket impulse junk more resistible.  With the free first box, it seems worth a try, and theoretically it could save money overall if I can avoid extra stuff on shopping day.  I'm declaring that if I don't stop with the supermarket impulse snacks, I'll cancel the box.  If I like the box, that should be motivation, right?  (I really hope I'm not just lying to myself here.)

Graze has fixed the problems with their site so everyone should be able to signup off of their front page at graze.com .

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Graze has fixed the problems with their site so everyone should be able to signup off of their front page at graze.com .
Sure, but have they fixed the fact that they don't instantly beam the box to you as soon as you rate the options? 
laughing.gif

I keep going back and looking and getting hungrier! 

Originally Posted by Maggiedoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure, but have they fixed the fact that they don't instantly beam the box to you as soon as you rate the options? 
laughing.gif

I keep going back and looking and getting hungrier! 
Haha they haven't fixed that yet. Their stuff looks pretty tasty too. As long as they can keep up with finding new products to send out, keeping up with shipping, and customer service, this sub will catch on like wildfire.

Is there a spot on the website that lists when the weekly boxes ship? I couldn't find anything.

Originally Posted by dd62 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a spot on the website that lists when the weekly boxes ship? I couldn't find anything.
On the "your deliveries" page it lists the cutoff time for changes/cancellations.. I think it's based on location, because the FAQ page has a link to that page rather than just specifying in the answer to the question.  (Mine is Friday at 2AM.)

Haha they haven't fixed that yet. Their stuff looks pretty tasty too. As long as they can keep up with finding new products to send out, keeping up with shipping, and customer service, this sub will catch on like wildfire.
Sounds like they make rather than find. 

It also looks like they're already pretty established in the UK and have amazing logistics for the whole thing..  I found an article in Wired UK about how they've got a whole AI system.  http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2012/06/start/graze-anatomy

I guess that doesn't prevent problems since GlossyBox was pretty well established and still got off to a rough start in the US, but it's pretty impressive!

Found this other article here: http://anewtake.com/2012/02/interview-with-ben-jones-of-graze/ that goes on at length about how they do everything themselves..  I'd imagine that could make expanding to the US more difficult.  I'd be that's why they're not using stuff like olives and fresh grapes like they apparently do in the UK.  (Unless there's a chance that eventually they will?  We can hope?)

Originally Posted by Maggiedoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the "your deliveries" page it lists the cutoff time for changes/cancellations.. I think it's based on location, because the FAQ page has a link to that page rather than just specifying in the answer to the question.  (Mine is Friday at 2AM.)

Sounds like they make rather than find. 

It also looks like they're already pretty established in the UK and have amazing logistics for the whole thing..  I found an article in Wired UK about how they've got a whole AI system.  http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2012/06/start/graze-anatomy

I guess that doesn't prevent problems since GlossyBox was pretty well established and still got off to a rough start in the US, but it's pretty impressive!

Found this other article here: http://anewtake.com/2012/02/interview-with-ben-jones-of-graze/ that goes on at length about how they do everything themselves..  I'd imagine that could make expanding to the US more difficult.  I'd be that's why they're not using stuff like olives and fresh grapes like they apparently do in the UK.  (Unless there's a chance that eventually they will?  We can hope?)
Great articles, thank you for sharing. I do like how they have a rating system where you can "trash" items so you won't receive them. If only we could do that with beauty subs!

Arg, I can't find a code that works anywhere.  They evidently removed the one on their facebook.  I need snacks!!

Great articles, thank you for sharing. I do like how they have a rating system where you can "trash" items so you won't receive them. If only we could do that with beauty subs!
I also love the "trash" option. It says underneath it 'we will never send you this'. YES!

Back