Julep Maven Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my first box! I got American Beauty - Anne, Maria, and 3 fl oz Age Defying Hand Brightener. Also sample sachets of SPF 30 hand cream and the Glycolic Hand Scrub.

Here are some pictures including swatches (I know I was unable to find any swatches of Maria online). Maria is a very gorgeous metallic "platinum Rose" shade, as described. Both went on a little streaky, but I was trying to apply one thick coat for full opacity ... haha, I have no patience. I was really impressed with the drying time on these, especially Maria! I tested Anne too soon, hence the slight smudge.

I would say my swatches show Maria pretty true to color, but not so much with Anne. Other people have done a better job of capturing that shade! Love both of them. The hand cream is really silky and smells nice. I wonder if it will actually brighten - that would be nice because my hands are pretty dark compared to my NC25 complexion! (So hard to be good about putting sunscreen on the hands when you wash your hands throughout the day!)

$22/month for a full price box is not really in my budget now (I used $5 code JANUARY) but I love that I get a preview of the available boxes first and have time to skip the month, so I will probably not cancel altogether.

I would love to get it every month but with the other subscription programs (myglam, bb, test tube, and green grab bag
blink.gif
) it starts adding up!, and this is the most expensive one. I might start skipping every other month. I can't wait to see next month's colors, maybe that will help me decide!

I got my first box in today!  Wow, that was quick.  I just signed up with them this week.  That is awesome.  I received the American Beauty box.  I love both colors of nail polish and the hand cream feels & smells great.  Now I just need to decide if I should pay the $19.99/ month to continue....  

I am on the same page with you except I only have myglam and birchbox subscriptions.  And this monthly fee is as much as those two put together.  Decisions, decisions...  I may keep it for another month and skip every other month from there on.

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to get it every month but with the other subscription programs (myglam, bb, test tube, and green grab bag
blink.gif
) it starts adding up!, and this is the most expensive one. I might start skipping every other month. I can't wait to see next month's colors, maybe that will help me decide!

you can put your sub on hold month by month is you want to..  the info is on the letter that came with package..  i LOVE the lotion! it smells so good!

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my first box in today!  Wow, that was quick.  I just signed up with them this week.  That is awesome.  I received the American Beauty box.  I love both colors of nail polish and the hand cream feels & smells great.  Now I just need to decide if I should pay the $19.99/ month to continue....  

ooopsss.. you already said that..  i missed your second post.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you can put your sub on hold month by month is you want to..  the info is on the letter that came with package..  i LOVE the lotion! it smells so good!

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am on the same page with you except I only have myglam and birchbox subscriptions.  And this monthly fee is as much as those two put together.  Decisions, decisions...  I may keep it for another month and skip every other month from there on.

My first post ever after months of lurking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I just want to share that the 1cent promotion is back, with the promotion code NEWYEAR2012. I have just ordered mine 30 minutes ago.

cool!   which one ar eyou getting????

Originally Posted by aime711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My first post ever after months of lurking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I just want to share that the 1cent promotion is back, with the promotion code NEWYEAR2012. I have just ordered mine 30 minutes ago.

Such a good deal. Hopefully nobody tries to buy 50 1-cent bags this time LOL

Originally Posted by aime711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg yes, saw it a few hours ago in my inbox and couldn't resist..

As I'm new to this, could anyone clarify this?

from Julep maven site:

Quote: As a Julep maven, your credit card is charged when you place your initial Maven order.  If you sign up before the 18th of the month, you will be charged again on the 27th of that same month.  If you sign up after the 18thof the month, you will be charged on the 27th of the following month.  To avoid being charged, you can login to your account between the 20th and 24th to Skip the Month. If you wish to cancel, you must do so by the 24th at 11:59pm (PST) to avoid being charged on the 27th. 
So unless I skip this month, I will be charged twice for one box? or two boxes? I am guessing that the 1 cent deal is for the first box only? I'd be grateful for any clarifications.

Originally Posted by bigwhitesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg yes, saw it a few hours ago in my inbox and couldn't resist..

As I'm new to this, could anyone clarify this?

from Julep maven site:

So unless I skip this month, I will be charged twice for one box? or two boxes? I am guessing that the 1 cent deal is for the first box only? I'd be grateful for any clarifications.
The 1 cent deal is for the initial box they'll send you for January. If you don't skip by the 25th (must skip by the 25th) you'll be charged the full price on the 27th for February's box.

My Julep Maven box came in! I *love* the purple color. 

I am not a huge fan of pink but I may try it on and see what happens. Yay!

love all the great pics of the anne nailpolish!   was about to purchase it when i logged into my account and realized  that i was able to purchase the jan american beauty box in addition to  other previous leftover boxes from the last couple of months!  wasn't aware that they offer that feature-it seems like such a better deal than buying the nailpolishes or lotions separately.  

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 1 cent deal is for the initial box they'll send you for January. If you don't skip by the 25th (must skip by the 25th) you'll be charged the full price on the 27th for February's box.
Thank you!!

All these pretty colors, can't wait.. ><

Thanks Zadidoll for the explanation...I am planning on skipping next month, since i can't afford it every month at $20/box. I am a "Classic with a Twist," but since I have polishes that  resemble the colors for my option this month, I choose "Bombshell" instead. BUT (again) now that i see Pancua's polishes, I want to change my mind again. I kinda like that pink with shimmer better than the seemingly matte pink in my kit. *sigh* never ending story of girls and polishes...lol

So I just had to sign up since it only cost me a penny. I got it girl. I'll most likely not get any more after that just because I dont have the money to keep up with 6 subscriptions.

Back