Julep Maven Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Julep's Facebook wall:

Julep Nail Parlor The wait is ALMOST over . . . Our February Maven box email goes out TOMORROW. And as a special treat, this month we're surprising 100 lucky Mavens with a Golden Box of Mystery filled with over $100 of Julep treats to help get you red-carpet ready. If you are a Maven receiving a box this month, you're automatically entered to win a Golden Box of Mystery!! I can't wait to share the email with you tomorrow. XOXO Jane Park

Ohhh! A golden box sounds so exquisite and mysterious! I guess I Won't be skipping this upcoming month
smile.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From Julep's Facebook wall:

Have any of you guys referred people to the program?  I referred 4 people so it's saying I have 2 free months, but then it also says that if those people don't remain members for at least 30 days, my free months will be void.  However it also says that free months start applying to this coming month and that if you skip a free month you lose it.  Does that mean that if I take a free month, and my referrals don't stay for 30 days, they then charge me $20 after the fact?  I emailed them a few days ago to ask but have not heard back, so wondering if any of you have had experience with this.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have any of you guys referred people to the program?  I referred 4 people so it's saying I have 2 free months, but then it also says that if those people don't remain members for at least 30 days, my free months will be void.  However it also says that free months start applying to this coming month and that if you skip a free month you lose it.  Does that mean that if I take a free month, and my referrals don't stay for 30 days, they then charge me $20 after the fact?  I emailed them a few days ago to ask but have not heard back, so wondering if any of you have had experience with this.  Thanks!
I referred two people and got $15 for each person for a total of a $30 credit which came to me as a promo code. Other than no idea.

Oh i hope i win a golden box!!  Im not skipping since i want rachel.  Been looking for a copper color.

Thanks... sounds like you got a different promo from what they are offering now.  Under the "share on" tab in my account, I only see the option to refer 2 people to get 1 free month.  Maybe I'll try calling them since they haven't responded to my email...

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I referred two people and got $15 for each person for a total of a $30 credit which came to me as a promo code. Other than no idea.

I got a co-worker and my boss to join.  But I didn't realize there was a referral link when my co-worker signed up.  I found the link afterwards and gave it to my boss to join and I got credit for her's.  I wonder if I could still get credit for my co-worker??  hmm

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After seeing Anne, I had to join. Can't resist purple polish

I am the exact same way! If it's a purple polish I'm 150% sold lol

I received a Sneak Peak  bag because I will be having a giveaway. I only applied one coat when I should have applied two like I usually do.

guess i wont be getting a second box for 5 bucks..   got this email today..  oh well..   i tried...  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We recently received order from you for an introductory Maven box. While we are excited that you love our Maven program, unfortunately only one discounted Maven box is allowed per household, for first time Mavens, and it seems as if that offer has already been redeemed. Our system might have cancelled this order for one of the following reasons:

1. There is an active Maven account or a previous Maven account.
2. An account with the same billing and/or shipping address has already redeemed a discounted offer.
3. An account with this same name has already redeemed a discounted offer.
4. An account with this same email has already redeemed a discounted offer.

Your additional introductory boxes will be cancelled and are not scheduled to be shipped out. If you wish, you may submit a request to re-process the order with the full price of $19.99.

If you feel you have received this notification in error or have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us within 48 hours and we’d be happy to look further into your account.

I guess you could try contacting them to see, but I have not had luck getting in contact with them.  I emailed them a week ago with no response, and when I call it immediately directs me to a machine asking me to leave a message if I want to cancel (even though I didn't select the option to cancel membership).  So I just skipped my next month even though it might have been free because I don't want to risk getting charged $20 for it.

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a co-worker and my boss to join.  But I didn't realize there was a referral link when my co-worker signed up.  I found the link afterwards and gave it to my boss to join and I got credit for her's.  I wonder if I could still get credit for my co-worker??  hmm

Don't forget. Tomorrow is the last day to skip the month of Feb for those who don't want a box next month OTHERWISE you'll be charged on the 27th.

I got an answer to my email from them, for anyone else who is wondering.  They said that since at least 2 of the people I referred were still signed up at the time of selecting the February box, I would get February's box for free.  Interesting since I don't think those people have been signed up for 30 days which it says they have to be on the website for me to get credit.  I got a ship notice for Feb. and they didn't charge me so it looks like what they said in the email is correct.

I ended up using my gift certif from the old referal system to buy the February Box that has the purple in it, because I wanted to try out the Hair Glossing product, and it's $16 on its own! I'd rather spend the $3 extra dollars and get a nail polish I don't have, along with the hair product. Looks like I'm going to have 3 bottles of Oscar, and the Cuticle Oil, but that's okay. I also ordered Elizabeth because I really want that color too. I should have just spent the extra $5 to get the other two polish colors along with it, but that's okay. 

So it's kind of ridiculous because that means I'll get 3 boxes this month, since I liked my American Beauty and Boho Glam boxes and kept them too. I'm hoping I get a golden box, but I don't really have great luck with stuff like that, so we'll see! 

It's nice of them to do that contest though. 

did you get a box already?  if so which one..  what didnt you like??

Originally Posted by azndlangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bahhh. I wish I liked this brand more. That or that they shipped other brands or something. Totally didn't like it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Julep is actually a manicure/pedicure salon in the Seattle, WA area so they're focused on selling their own products. It's like Jonathan (of Blow Out fame) made and sold his products for his salons (he's since closed his salons to focus on private clientele and his hair care line).

Looks like my own box has finally moved. lol I saw they issued me a shipping label last week which worked for a day before it stopped. I should get my box tomorrow or day after since I'm in WA state.

Tracking info: Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Your item was processed through our SEATTLE, WA 98168 facility on January 30, 2012 at 4:10 pm. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

wrong post edit. lol

Latest posts

Back