Julep Maven Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my tracking number and I am receiving my Feb maven box today and it's not even Feb yet. Their shipping service so far is phenemonal especially compared to other subscription companies. It makes me feel like a little kid, but I hope that I'm one of the 500 who will receive a special Golden Box! I should find out in about 3 hours

Mine is out for delivery!

Detailed Results:
Out for Delivery, January 31, 2012, 7:48 am, , WA
Sorting Complete, January 31, 2012, 7:38 am, , WA
Arrival at Post Office, January 31, 2012, 4:36 am, , WA
Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, , WA
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, 11:44 pm, , WA
Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, SEATTLE, WA 98168
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 30, 2012, 4:10 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98168

It's here! I didn't realize the time and when I looked down after posting the above I realized Bill (mailman) should have been here by now.

I chose the It Girl box this month and my "special" item was a chocolate bar in the shape of an Oscar. Boo. I didn't get a special golden box. I'm going to cancel because I just can't justify spending almost $22 a month on a box of three polishes that are the size of a Zoya mini polish.

Ok I'm kind of confused. I got a black makeup bag with the hand scrub with a filer and a few nail polish but not my maven box. I think I ordered this previously a little while back. This means my kit is still being shipped or maybe they got the order mixed up. I guess I will contact customer service so I can figure out what's going on!

That is confusing MakeupA. What box were you expecting this month?

Here are the polishes from the It Girl box that I received today. Pretty colors, I've tried on two of three (not the gold glitter one) but my god these stink to high heaven. I have such a headache from just painting two of my nails. I couldn't get to the glitter because the smell was VERY strong.

Those are gorgeous! I'm usually All American Beauty but I switched to It Girl this month. I figured out what happened! Lol I guess I've been so busy ordering various gwp items that I completely forgot I ordered the hand scrub from Julep Maven back on Jan 2nd. That's what came in the mail today which I thought was my maven box. I received a second tracking# a few days ago but for some reason it didn't work or wasn't updated until today so hopefully I will get it some time next week! Whew!
smile.gif

im kinda ticked at them....as fast as they shipped my first order, they are just as slow and giving me a refund..  they said they refunded my $5 (for the 2nd promo i tried to buy but they denied) last wed.  as of today i still dont have refund..  called today and she said she would email the girl that does refunds.. and would get soon..  took then hours to take $ from my acct, one day to email me saying i didnt qualify and couldnt get promo....and well over a week for refund....it is only $5 i know but its the point.....
icon_frown.gif

Poor melty chocolate :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm in AZ too but mine came intact...my mail guy comes late in the day so maybe that's why.

I got the Boho Glam box this month, and I really like both of the colors. For $20 I won't do every month, but it's still a neat little present. 

Eww! But Arizona isn't THAT hot yet!

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol my poor chocolate bar came completely melted... that's Arizona for ya.

julep sent out chocolate?  never saw a candy bar in a wrapper like that..  hmmmmmmmmmm..  let me know if its yummy! 

This is what the chocolate bar looks like. At first I was like "WTH is THAT suppose to be" I had to tilt it to see it's an Oscar with the Julep Maven logo embossed on it. Frankly at the cost of making those chocolates I rather would have had another nail polish or sample packets.

Yeh, I am really glad I canceled my sub. I'm not sure their product is worth the monthly expense. (Except the hand lotion, I love that!)

oh ok.. so they had them made..  i was a little confused... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  your polishes are great tho!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what the chocolate bar looks like. At first I was like "WTH is THAT suppose to be" I had to tilt it to see it's an Oscar with the Julep Maven logo embossed on it. Frankly at the cost of making those chocolates I rather would have had another nail polish or sample packets.

Speaking of promos... There's a new one. Another "mystery box".

Treat your girlfriend (or yourself) to a Valentine’s Day surprise.  Julep’s Valentine’s Day Mystery Box will include anywhere from $60 to $200 worth of Julep’s BEST SELLERS including two Julep Nail Color and Julep bonus gifts.  Use discount code: VALENTINE at checkout for promotional pricing.  Only 1000 available! 
Valentine's Day Box of Mystery $60. Use their promo code Valentine and it's $19.99. I DID buy it but only because I had an old voucher for $30 to use so out of pocket it was free. We'll see what I get. I'll be annoyed if it's two polishes and one of their scrubs again.

Speaking of promos... There's a new one. Another "mystery box".

Valentine's Day Box of Mystery $60. Use their promo code Valentine and it's $19.99. I DID buy it but only because I had an old voucher for $30 to use so out of pocket it was free. We'll see what I get. I'll be annoyed if it's two polishes and one of their scrubs again.
Considering that is what one of their normal boxes cost, yeah. I'd be pissed. 

It's been an unusually warm winter. I believe on Sunday afternoon it was low 80's. My winter outfits are totally getting jipped.

Eww! But Arizona isn't THAT hot yet!

I got both my boxes yesterday in the mail. the colors are all really pretty, but oscar isn't what i was expecting at all. it's just a regular gold glitter, i thought it was going to have flakes in it instead, because the original photos make it look like the pieces are larger than they actually are.

the chocolate bar is not exciting to me, i dont like dark chocolate at all and would have rather had something else instead.

Im actually happy I didn't get a gold surprise box, because I get two boxes for my subscription, and then I ended up ordering elizabeth and the bombshell box last week since i wanted to get that color, and to get the hair product. so I practically have the whole gold box anyways!

i did end up using gift cerfif monies to buy a Valentines Mystery Box, so we'll see what I get in it! Hopefully colors I don't own. I have over 40 of their colors because of the Maven Program, ordering sets last year, and the mystery boxes in dec.

Twist my arm...just ordered a mystery box. I really need to cancel my account after this

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been an unusually warm winter. I believe on Sunday afternoon it was low 80's. My winter outfits are totally getting jipped.
Send up some of that heat! It's not freezing cold anymore but I wouldn't mind if the weather was in the high 60s to 70s.

Did anyone else get the hair top coat in their box this month? I had bombshell so I was expecting it. I love the smell, but my hair is really curly so I don't really notice it doing anything special. I think it would be nice if I flat ironed my hair, but I don't ever do that. 

Latest posts

Back