Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo (Metal Collection)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of brushes do you use with them and also can someone post a picture of one of you wearing it. I am new to eye shadow and just trying to learn thanks

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my walmart is gross... people open it and swatch it.. then throw it back.. hence I don't tend to buy it from Walmart.. but it isn't that huge of a price difference
Mine's like that sometimes. I just look for a fresh unopened package

the dark blue is gorgeous tho! i will be using it as an eyeliner ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lexy! they are :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> will you be picking any of them up?

yeah.. walmart is always a bit cheaper :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh yeah I never thought about using it as an eyeliner. I'll have to try that

you're so lucky that you have some of their Limited Edition ones!
They had plenty around here! I ended up getting three sets of the fall brights and neutrals...sold one to a friend, one on ebay, and kept the last one but couldn't find a third Beige :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm hoping Branded fills that void!

Originally Posted by Lisalynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What type of brushes do you use with them and also can someone post a picture of one of you wearing it. I am new to eye shadow and just trying to learn thanks
For me, it depends on the formula of the tattoo. Some colors have a very smooth texture and are easy to dab on with your finger or a flat eye shadow brush. Some are harder in texture and I find I have to use my fingers to get it smudged out enough. Either way, slap it down as a shadow base (I always put them over UD primer potion, they don't budge at all) and then blend the edges with a blending brush. Then dab some coordinating pressed eye shadows over the top. I used Silver Strike on NYE, and added some shimmery white to the inner part, UD Gunmetal to the middle, and some black to the outer part. It looked perfect for about 10 hours, would have lasted a lot more but I went to bed LOL

They had plenty around here! I ended up getting three sets of the fall brights and neutrals...sold one to a friend, one on ebay, and kept the last one but couldn't find a third Beige :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm hoping Branded fills that void! For me, it depends on the formula of the tattoo. Some colors have a very smooth texture and are easy to dab on with your finger or a flat eye shadow brush. Some are harder in texture and I find I have to use my fingers to get it smudged out enough. Either way, slap it down as a shadow base (I always put them over UD primer potion, they don't budge at all) and then blend the edges with a blending brush. Then dab some coordinating pressed eye shadows over the top. I used Silver Strike on NYE, and added some shimmery white to the inner part, UD Gunmetal to the middle, and some black to the outer part. It looked perfect for about 10 hours, would have lasted a lot more but I went to bed LOL
Great look! I am loving the Barely Beige and use it as a base frequently. Still doesn't look like I put much of a dent in it. Second the texture and stuff depending on how easy it is to apply. I like to wear a smoky green eye on occasion, so I'll pat the shade on with my finger up to a little past my crease and blend out. I set it with a coordinating pressed shadow and a bit of copper or something light to blend it out and up..voila! No pics, but I want to try something similar with the navy color tattoo and a MAC shadow I have.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They had plenty around here! I ended up getting three sets of the fall brights and neutrals...sold one to a friend, one on ebay, and kept the last one but couldn't find a third Beige :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm hoping Branded fills that void!

For me, it depends on the formula of the tattoo. Some colors have a very smooth texture and are easy to dab on with your finger or a flat eye shadow brush. Some are harder in texture and I find I have to use my fingers to get it smudged out enough. Either way, slap it down as a shadow base (I always put them over UD primer potion, they don't budge at all) and then blend the edges with a blending brush. Then dab some coordinating pressed eye shadows over the top. I used Silver Strike on NYE, and added some shimmery white to the inner part, UD Gunmetal to the middle, and some black to the outer part. It looked perfect for about 10 hours, would have lasted a lot more but I went to bed LOL

Pretty look and give me your eyelashes lady!!! Wow.

my walmart is gross... people open it and swatch it.. then throw it back.. hence I don't tend to buy it from Walmart.. but it isn't that huge of a price difference
Ours used to be like this but they closed it off from the other sections and set up a separate register that you have to purchase from. Also there are big cameras and screens hanging over it now so it's actually nice in there now.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty look and give me your eyelashes lady!!! Wow.
Thanks and thanks! I have pretty good lashes, but this is with 2 coats of the ModelCo fibre lash mascara that BB sent out...I think it does some good things :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great look! I am loving the Barely Beige and use it as a base frequently. Still doesn't look like I put much of a dent in it. Second the texture and stuff depending on how easy it is to apply.

I like to wear a smoky green eye on occasion, so I'll pat the shade on with my finger up to a little past my crease and blend out. I set it with a coordinating pressed shadow and a bit of copper or something light to blend it out and up..voila! No pics, but I want to try something similar with the navy color tattoo and a MAC shadow I have.
Thanks! I want Beige! And you make me want to try out my Mossy Green next for some green smoky sexyness :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I tried the Mahogany I was in love....that one is such a great brown base.

Thanks! I want Beige! And you make me want to try out my Mossy Green next for some green smoky sexyness :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I tried the Mahogany I was in love....that one is such a great brown base.
It's a fun play on smoky eyes. I like to use greens, browns, purples and now blue for a spin. I always felt like a straight black smoky eye made me look like I lost a fight lol.

Saw a full display at my local Walgreens today - all the new colors - and while I LOVE all the colors I decided not to buy any! I surprised myself... then again it wasn't on sale and had it been a B1G1 50% off or at Ulta where I could use a coupon I probably would have caved. LOL

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! I Love that! Sooo Pretty!!

After looking at these online and in stores, I have to say the ones I want are:

Painted Purple

Edgy Emerald

Pomegranate Punk

Tenacious Teal

Bold Gold (think this might be an awesome gold highlighter)

Fierce and Tangy - on the fence about this one.

P.S. Yes I know some aren't from the Metal Collection but I got inspired looking at them hehe

Oooh, I want the pink one! I have Bold Gold and the white one, I like them both as a base (and Bold Gold is nice and sheer and makes a great gold highlighter, IMO).

I would also like some of the bolder colors!

I saw the display in store the other day and Barely Branded looked eerily similar to Barely Beige. Has anyone done a side by side swatch comparison?

I believe the beige y looking shade they just released is similar to Barely Beige, that's why I passed on it.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the beige y looking shade they just released is similar to Barely Beige, that's why I passed on it.
Same here. I had it in my hand and then I realized how close they appeared, at least in the pot. Good to know though, if I do ever run out of Barely Beige. 

I found a comparison video on Youtube.  They're apparently a bit different:

Back