August No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No UD sale on Hautelook for me...boo! It's good I'm sticking to my low buy, but I'm still tempted! Trying to stay strong and pass! Lol.

Yah...no UD. I bought TheBalm Mary-Lou and Betty-Lou this week. I can't really justify getting something else.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No UD sale on Hautelook for me...boo! It's good I'm sticking to my low buy, but I'm still tempted! Trying to stay strong and pass! Lol.
I was going to, but I decided to pass. The shipping costs are pretty high, and I've lived fine without setting spray for years and years, so I've convinced myself that I don't really need it. 

UD ran out of one of the things I ordered in their sale so now I have a 10 off coupon and I'm tempted to visit their sale..again. BAD.

Be strong girls! I remember posting earlier about buying some makeup for a friend's bday, but I resisted! I offered her one of my 2 theBalm palettes(moment of weakness last month and I still haven't used them!), but she wants a grab bag of goodies instead (I was surprised! Who'd have thought?)lol. Plus, I have tons of makeup bags to use instead of a gift bag.. definitely making me feel good! I'm really bad about impulse buys and Oooo...It's such a good deal buys. I need to learn to window shop again. You girls are helping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nothing's really tempting on the Hautelook UD sale.  I don't know if it's because I've gotten better at resisting or it's just that there isn't anything good. I went crazy during the last sale and made a few orders (spending more on shipping because I couldn't control myself) so I'm probably just over it.  It helps that they repeat so many colors in their palettes though.

I technically broke my no buy 
frown.gif
 I caved for covergirl's tapestry taupe because I kept hearing good reviews on it...but... I gave my wet n wild petal pusher palette to my cousin, so technically...one eyeshadow came in and 8 went out 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Laebeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nothing's really tempting on the Hautelook UD sale.  I don't know if it's because I've gotten better at resisting or it's just that there isn't anything good. I went crazy during the last sale and made a few orders (spending more on shipping because I couldn't control myself) so I'm probably just over it.  It helps that they repeat so many colors in their palettes though.
I've gotten so bored with UD that it was hardly even tempting this time. Which, I suppose, is good.

i resisted UD though i thought about it a lot.  i had to keep thinking about need versus want and how many shadows i have that i never use.

with my online shopping, i've been putting stuff into the cart, then walking away for a while (but leaving the browser window open).  if i return in an hour or so and still really really want it, then i think about it.

I bought a few things today, just drugstore items. I got 3 Garnier cream gels and 3 Herbal Essences conditioners for $1 a piece, thanks to coupons and sales. So I spent $6 and change and I'm quite happy. I got so much conditioner because I've been reading up on the no -poo method and want to try it out. We shall see and I suppose I'll just hang onto the many bottles of shampoo I have lol.

I finished two products tonight. They weren't big, but still, more stuff leaving is always good. 

In other news, I have a cart with a couple of items from Sephora that I'm tempted to check out on. Siiiiiigh. I keep telling myself that I've been so good lately, so I deserve something even though there really isn't anything I've been jonesing after. 

Really trying not to buy a thing. Using products and samples I already have and that I'm receiving from my (3) subscriptions and it feels soo good!  The wallet feel good too!  Keep up the good work y'all!!!!

Now I'm really, really tempted by the NYX/Lucky deal. It comes with a smokey eye palette, a lip palette, and two brushes. I'm trying to justify it by saying that this is what I would get instead of the UD smoked paletted.

Bah. I. am. BAD.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I'm really, really tempted by the NYX/Lucky deal. It comes with a smokey eye palette, a lip palette, and two brushes. I'm trying to justify it by saying that this is what I would get instead of the UD smoked paletted.

Bah. I. am. BAD.
Is there something similar in your collection already? Or would you use it? Lol, good deals are hard to pass up; I'm a sucker for sales/deals, lol.

Is there something similar in your collection already? Or would you use it? Lol, good deals are hard to pass up; I'm a sucker for sales/deals, lol.
I decided to skip for a couple of reasons. I have so much stuff right now, so I'm sure there's something I could use to get the same effect. Classes are about to start and I want to pick up a few new items for my wardrobe, so money'll be going towards that instead. Plus, I'm about to start gauging my ears, and getting stuff for that is much more of a priority than buying blush or eyeshadow palette #234798.

I decided to skip for a couple of reasons. I have so much stuff right now, so I'm sure there's something I could use to get the same effect. Classes are about to start and I want to pick up a few new items for my wardrobe, so money'll be going towards that instead. Plus, I'm about to start gauging my ears, and getting stuff for that is much more of a priority than buying blush or eyeshadow palette #234798.
Good for you. Gauging your ears is a process; quite a few of my friends and exes have been down that road lol. I have some more coupons clipped, so I might hit a few drugstores again, but I don't expect to spend more than $10.

Good for you! I was tempted too. I was going to order some polishes at juleps flash sale but they are out of the color I wanted.

Good for you. Gauging your ears is a process; quite a few of my friends and exes have been down that road lol. I have some more coupons clipped, so I might hit a few drugstores again, but I don't expect to spend more than $10.
Thanks! My brother in law has ENORMOUS gauges in his ears, so he's been giving me advice on the topic. It's weird, I'm almost at 2 months of a no-buy, but right now I feel like I'm struggling like I'm in the first week. I just keep reminding myself that I need to save money for other things. Plus, I really want to get some plugs from Omerica Organics, and their prettiest ones ain't cheap.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good for you! I was tempted too. I was going to order some polishes at juleps flash sale but they are out of the color I wanted.
Thanks! Maybe the universe was looking out for you?? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm trying to stay good about my low buy and stay off the online shopping, but man...it feels like there are such good deals going on! Ugh, so I've been trying to clip coupons and stay up on my drug store purchases lol. I'm bipolar when it comes to my coupons..I'll be really on and stockpile a bunch of things, then stop for a while and get behind...apparently I'm hitting my "manic" stage again lol. The one consolation is that I save a disgusting amount of money and that makes me feel even better..dunno..that could be bad, too, hmm?

I'm trying to stay good about my low buy and stay off the online shopping, but man...it feels like there are such good deals going on! Ugh, so I've been trying to clip coupons and stay up on my drug store purchases lol. I'm bipolar when it comes to my coupons..I'll be really on and stockpile a bunch of things, then stop for a while and get behind...apparently I'm hitting my "manic" stage again lol. The one consolation is that I save a disgusting amount of money and that makes me feel even better..dunno..that could be bad, too, hmm?
I know exactly how you feel! I see all the crazy good back to school/fall deals, sales and releases, and my brain is just going nuts. I've resisted so far, but I'm really worried that once my no-buy is over, I'm gonna go crazy. I think I'm going to have to very slowly transition into a very, very low buy. 

Back