Beauty Army: July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have one either and I picked my samples on the 2nd
Me too, I'm  glad to see I'm not the only one, I was starting to get worried that I was forgotten.. It's taking an awfully long time to get sent out though. I've already received all my other boxes for the month. I'm really excited for what I got, I want to try them all already! 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Cylarne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too, I'm  glad to see I'm not the only one, I was starting to get worried that I was forgotten.. It's taking an awfully long time to get sent out though. I've already received all my other boxes for the month. I'm really excited for what I got, I want to try them all already! 
biggrin.gif
I would email them just in case; I did and my account was stuck on pending even though my payment went through. They are putting my bag together now and will ship it in the next few days they said, so definitely send them an email to make sure everything is ok.

Just got my box today!! Wanted to share if anyone was curious to see the sizes of these products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

​
 ​

Got mine today too and I love the sizes. The Besame is small but I used it today and holy smokes, I love it! A little goes a long way! I see that sample lasting for a few months. I'm going to buy the full size most definitely. It's so pretty on and stayed on strong for a few hours.

I got the Vita-K too, but in the spider vein formula. I have two teeny ones on my upper thigh that absolutely no one can see anyway, but it kills me slowly, and of course my husband thinks I'm ridiculous for even obsessing about it, much less noticing it. LOL. But we all have silly things we spot on ourselves that we can't get over. Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a photo (if it even shows up on one, haha) and documenting if the cream works. It's a HUGE tube and the area I'm talking about is so tiny that tube will probably last a year. I hope it works! I'm wildly impressed with my Beauty Army box this month. I hope they keep up this level of awesome! I'll post a piccy of my box later. 

Originally Posted by koolcryyss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok I just called them and scheduled a redelivery... I didn't know my BA box needed a signature!
I've never had to sign for BA.  I had to sign once for MyGlam for a delivery of a new product that was missing in my bag though.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine today too and I love the sizes. The Besame is small but I used it today and holy smokes, I love it! A little goes a long way! I see that sample lasting for a few months. I'm going to buy the full size most definitely. It's so pretty on and stayed on strong for a few hours.

I got the Vita-K too, but in the spider vein formula. I have two teeny ones on my upper thigh that absolutely no one can see anyway, but it kills me slowly, and of course my husband thinks I'm ridiculous for even obsessing about it, much less noticing it. LOL. But we all have silly things we spot on ourselves that we can't get over. Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a photo (if it even shows up on one, haha) and documenting if the cream works. It's a HUGE tube and the area I'm talking about is so tiny that tube will probably last a year. I hope it works! I'm wildly impressed with my Beauty Army box this month. I hope they keep up this level of awesome! I'll post a piccy of my box later. 
I love the Besame too!  The container is small but it will definitely last a while! The color really packs a punch but blends in nicely with my fair skin.  

I hope I can get something good this month!  I skipped last month because it was all perfume and mens no matter what I put in.  When I was signing up in the first place, I accidentally did a year subscription so I'm stuck with them for awhile.  And my selection window doesn't start until the 21st so I never feel like I get the best options. Booo.

Finally time for me to choose products but their entire site is all glitchy and wont let me see my products or change beauty profile. Thinking of possibly skipping or cancelling. I tried one of their products last month (control corrective?) and it has destroyed my skin. This last week I"ve been trying to get my skin back to normal. I dont even have sensitive skin at all, this has been a first in my life. I was really unhappy with the sizes of things last time too. Would rather invest this money elsewhere I think. Its great that you can pick your samples, but silly that you have to go through 20 rounds of quizzes to do it. Just make it like Beauty Fix and be done with it and then let people select from a range... If things go out of stock, then remove them from the page and add new things. Just not satisfied with what they are offering and how they are offering it, when I can spend the money for better/larger products from other subscription boxes. 

Have you tried asking them to switch your selection window?

Originally Posted by bookofgin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope I can get something good this month!  I skipped last month because it was all perfume and mens no matter what I put in.  When I was signing up in the first place, I accidentally did a year subscription so I'm stuck with them for awhile.  And my selection window doesn't start until the 21st so I never feel like I get the best options. Booo.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried asking them to switch your selection window?
I haven't but I will try that!  Do you think I should ask for the 1st?

I still hadn't received my tracking notice this morning so I emailed Nancy and she replied within the hour that it hadn't been sent yet but was being sent out early tomorrow morning.  So if you have picked your samples more than a week ago and haven't received your shipping notice, I highly recommend email [email protected] and she can help you. She was very prompt, professional and courteous.

Well my selection window is from the 29-4th. On the 29th all my selections were foil packets. I wanted till the first and my selections were 10 times better! I was actually planning on skipping, but I'm glad I waited till the 1st

Originally Posted by bookofgin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't but I will try that!  Do you think I should ask for the 1st?

Originally Posted by koolcryyss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my beauty army kit! The manogosten thing was empty and all crusty.. eeeew

I got the same in my kit, but when I got it it was upside down so it looked like it was only half full, lol.

I received my kit today! My selection starts on the 2nd. 

I think I am most excited about the macadamia oil. I am really getting into hair oils because I am trying to heat style less. Without any help my hair is a big, dry, wavy, frizzy mess. At least these oils tend to make my hair look less crazy.

I am also excited to try Clear Prep FX matte foundation primer. My skin is really oily, and I am going to be at an outdoor wedding next weekend. I am hoping this keeps my makeup looking fresh while the rest of me is sweating profusely. 

I think the Besame is a nice color, but I am nervous to try it because my skin is already so red and I look ridiculous with red on my lips.

This was my 3rd Beauty Army box and so far I have been very pleased with what they've had to offer. But then again, it seems like it does help to have your selection day at the beginning of the month.

we have the same hair! i was running late to work once and my coworker asked if i got electrocuted!!

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am most excited about the macadamia oil. I am really getting into hair oils because I am trying to heat style less. Without any help my hair is a big, dry, wavy, frizzy mess. At least these oils tend to make my hair look less crazy.

Still waiting patiently (ha! not so much) for my tracking number for this month's box. Everyone's looks great!

Originally Posted by starfighter82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received my kit today! My selection starts on the 2nd. 

I am also excited to try Clear Prep FX matte foundation primer. My skin is really oily, and I am going to be at an outdoor wedding next weekend. I am hoping this keeps my makeup looking fresh while the rest of me is sweating profusely. 

I think the Besame is a nice color, but I am nervous to try it because my skin is already so red and I look ridiculous with red on my lips.

This was my 3rd Beauty Army box and so far I have been very pleased with what they've had to offer. But then again, it seems like it does help to have your selection day at the beginning of the month.
I have the Besame and one swipe is really sheer. You can pack it on if you want to get a red color but you shouldn't have a problem getting a really light pink out of it 
biggrin.gif

I got my first Beauty Army box today. I like it.

Most excited about the Clickr, can't wait to see if it helps with my monthly hormonal breakouts.

Back