Beauty Army: July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a couple of comments about skipping  a month, getting charged anyway, then getting a refund of the charge. Is this how Beauty Army handles skipping a month, every time please?

Yes, they charge you and if you decide to skip, they will refund you.

I think I read somewhere (maybe in a Zadi post) that they were looking into changing that.

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen a couple of comments about skipping  a month, getting charged anyway, then getting a refund of the charge. Is this how Beauty Army handles skipping a month, every time please?

Seriously???

So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me?

This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box.

I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!

Seriously??? So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me? This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box. I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!
I don't understand how they can close them and you've "paid". That's like going to the store to get milk and they still charge you even though they don't have it. Well grant you the milk if you can come back and get it before its sold out again. I really think they're running out of samples.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand how they can close them and you've "paid". That's like going to the store to get milk and they still charge you even though they don't have it. Well grant you the milk if you can come back and get it before its sold out again.

I really think they're running out of samples.
Neither do I. I am just confused as to why they would close my window when I am due to choose my samples within 5 days. At the top it even says sub window is open but when I click it, it says its SOLD OUT.

Why would they close my window when we, active members should be prioritized to choose our samples for the month.

I am getting frustrated because I am trying to chase this sub before my window closes. I had skipped two months already and it seems like this is starting to be my first reason to cancel.

I'll just put the money for another Birchbox and save $2.
icon_confused.gif

I emailed Nancy Lee about it and I hope she'll reply within tomorrow.

If the answer is kind of unsatisfactory, it will break my heart to cancel, but I deserve to get the service I am paying for without worrying about it.

I cancelled today. While I was happy to be able to pick samples, the hassle and extra $ isn't worth it. I'll stick with BB and myglam for now, but will keep checking back to see if things resolve!

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find the customer service terrible.  I got a YoungBlook primer and it doesnt come out of the tube.  I told her and she said she'd work on it. I've emailed her since at least 2 times and NO response. 

My YoungBlood pump also didn't work and the seal was all crusty.  The trick is, these are air-less pumps, you'll notice that there are no tubes leading from the head of the pump.

It needs to be air-tight to create a vacume when you pump, in order for it to work.  I cleaned both the bottle neck and the bottle and the cap.  First dry wiping to get most of the crust off, then using a wet paper towel to remove any other product that might be preventing a tight seal and with that, the pump works.

Try it and see if that might do the trick for you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I think I read somewhere (maybe in a Zadi post) that they were looking into changing that.

Have been on the side of project management in large corporatation of 2,000 and policy changes need multple sign-offs from 5 department heads and could take a month.   This is literally is a two-line engineerig code change and I believe the company has under 7 employees, so the changes can be literally done within the morning.  

I think this is more of an accounting strategy.  The company is able to report a higher monthly revenue figure when they are able to charge the subs and put it on their books... although the net-income will still reflect the actual sales numbers when they are done with the book-keeping and the proper refunds are made.  A high revenue number looks good if they are working with VCs or looking for future investors to grow the company, as it shows favorable sales and marketing environment.  

The long and short of it is, BA wiill most likely keep this strategy until they feel it's hurting business in a measureable fashion.  

It's not bad as far as strategies go if you are a start-up with limited funds which I'm lead to belive is where they are at with the minimal customer service and decrease in product choosing.    

I think BA started out with a great idea and I wish them well but they might need to restratagize on improveing customer retention and sample sourcing.  BB has a pretty good strategy mix.

Sorry about geeking out it's nearly two in the morning, it's quiet, am zoning in analyst mode but took a break to play on this forum.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Well, I had two beauty army accounts, but landed up cancelling my first one as I just didn't need two.  My 2nd account was for this month, and I ordered July 3d.  I never got any shipping info at all, and finally emailed them last week to see what the hold up was, and the rep told me there was a delay due to the holiday? My box didn't ship till the 13th and won't be here till the 23d/24th!  REALLY? Three whole weeks? That really pisses me off and makes me want to cancel, as I've never had such bad shipping issues with them before.  I'm so disappointed with beauty army, and I really hope they're reading this too.  

Oh, and the sad thing is that they're based in CA, and I live in WA state. Downright pathetic if you ask me.

Hello Ladies,

I hope you'll don't mind a tangent, but this is a knowledgable bunch...does anyone know if the profile can be changed on MyGlam once you join?

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.  It's been killing me to look at it and not use it.  It looks like its going to be good.  Is it?

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My YoungBlood pump also didn't work and the seal was all crusty.  The trick is, these are air-less pumps, you'll notice that there are no tubes leading from the head of the pump.

It needs to be air-tight to create a vacume when you pump, in order for it to work.  I cleaned both the bottle neck and the bottle and the cap.  First dry wiping to get most of the crust off, then using a wet paper towel to remove any other product that might be preventing a tight seal and with that, the pump works.

Try it and see if that might do the trick for you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

So my tracking finally showed up for this. I had to laugh...

Estimated Delivery Date
07/23/12-07/24/12
Date Time Description Location 7/16/2012 07:15 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441 7/16/2012 04:20 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Sparks, NV 89441 7/16/2012 11:48 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441 7/13/2012 05:06 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761
First off, it goes from bottom to top. Second, I live about an hour and a half from Ontario, CA where it started. So they shipped it further away so it could come back to me over a week later. Unless some amazing products show up on my selection screen next time I really can't see myself staying with this sub. Too much nonsense.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my tracking finally showed up for this. I had to laugh...

Estimated Delivery Date
07/23/12-07/24/12
Date Time Description Location 7/16/2012 07:15 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441 7/16/2012 04:20 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Sparks, NV 89441 7/16/2012 11:48 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Sparks, NV 89441 7/13/2012 05:06 PM Shipped from Client Ontario, CA 91761
First off, it goes from bottom to top. Second, I live about an hour and a half from Ontario, CA where it started. So they shipped it further away so it could come back to me over a week later. Unless some amazing products show up on my selection screen next time I really can't see myself staying with this sub. Too much nonsense.
Mine said the same thing except it will take another week longer because I live across the country. It is a little ridiculous because I picked my samples on the 2nd and it did not get mailed out until the 13th.

Actually, revenue cannot be recognized as income until it is earned. The amounts that are billed are recorded as an unearned revenue which is classified as a liability on the balance sheet. I'm an accountant and this one really stood out to me so I thought I would comment. 

Latest posts

Back