Beauty Army: July

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZoomButt.gif

My window just opened, got 7 foil packs and two delux samples... hair oil and spider vain...except I did specfiy aging as a concern...
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Since they are in CA, I'll wait until 12:00 EST to try again, maybe they will restock.  Otherwise, even though Nancy e-mailed me that I can select a 7th for last month's product mis-hap... the $12 fee for a payout of 2 delux samples, a bunch of un-related foil packs and a possible 3rd is just not cutting it. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I find the customer service terrible.  I got a YoungBlook primer and it doesnt come out of the tube.  I told her and she said she'd work on it. I've emailed her since at least 2 times and NO response. 
The CS is definitely not the best! I actually went straight to member care instead of through nancy lee...I'd rather do that. It's not that nancy lee is rude but she can be short and I feel like my problems aren't important anymore. When CS emailed me back she said that nancy lee shipped out my empty box but they have no idea what happened and they will get another one to me. Hopefully they email me about my empty product

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the???

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously???

So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me?

This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box.

I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, revenue cannot be recognized as income until it is earned. The amounts that are billed are recorded as an unearned revenue which is classified as a liability on the balance sheet. I'm an accountant and this one really stood out to me so I thought I would comment. 
Hey!  Thank you for the clarification ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  My accounting principles do need joggin once in a while.  Hmmm, but....

...correct me if I'm wrong, the credit card transaction is not a 'billing' activity, it is in fact a 'revenue' activity.  Once the $12 has been extracted from say from my credit card, it's now actual cash in - dollars in their bank - the balance sheet , until they reverse it.  Thus the play.   

I believe, the activity you are referring to, is when a client is 'billed' for services agreed upon, either in advance or in arrears.  In this case, a bill is indeed sent out to notify client of payment obligations but as no payments have been made, this activity is classified as a liability.

Does that sound accurate?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

My box shipped on the 6th(I picked on the 1st).  It's STILL showing as being in PA(day 5/6 of that).  They claim it'll be here on the 18th.  I doubt it.  I think they need to drop Newgistics and go with someone else..this two weeks to get a box business(and even that's not certain) is for the birds.

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box shipped on the 6th(I picked on the 1st).  It's STILL showing as being in PA(day 5/6 of that).  They claim it'll be here on the 18th.  I doubt it.  I think they need to drop Newgistics and go with someone else..this two weeks to get a box business(and even that's not certain) is for the birds.
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Yeah, very plump flight-less birds, best served roasted with a nice BBQ sauce.  Okay that was a very sophmoric remark, but the re-examination of an alternate delivery system might be a good idea.

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey!  Thank you for the clarification ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  My accounting principles do need joggin once in a while.  Hmmm, but....

...correct me if I'm wrong, the credit card transaction is not a 'billing' activity, it is in fact a 'revenue' activity.  Once the $12 has been extracted from say from my credit card, it's now actual cash in - dollars in their bank - the balance sheet , until they reverse it.  Thus the play.   

I believe, the activity you are referring to, is when a client is 'billed' for services agreed upon, either in advance or in arrears.  In this case, a bill is indeed sent out to notify client of payment obligations but as no payments have been made, this activity is classified as a liability.

Does that sound accurate?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Well, revenue is recognized when it is earned. Since the boxes are not sent out the services have not been performed, thus making it an unearned revenue. The cash would still show on the balance sheet since cash was actually received, but the credit would be to an unearned liability account instead of an income statement account such as sales revenue. If you have a contract with no payment made and no services performed, then you do not have an accounting transaction. No goods, services, or cash were exchanged, thus no entry is made on the books. Accounting is my other passion besides beauty. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How convenient!

How long does it take to generate samples? Mine has been like this for good 5 minutes and nothing comes up! Grrrr
mad.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

They restocked!  9:00 AM California time.  I got the 'sold out' message too last night and the 'foils' all morning too, am in NY and now it's a nice full deck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... 

ZoomButt.gif

So, from now on I'll do my profile after say 9:30 Cali time for best results.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks!  I'll give that a try.  It's been killing me to look at it and not use it.  It looks like its going to be good.  Is it?
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

It is a good product, the fine-line filler does fill fine lines.  I did a test of with and w/o on one side vs. the other and then applied BB cream over it and one side is smoother looking then the other.  But you look light years away from needing a primer for fine lines ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

Color me shocked.  It came.  The Wild Jasmine perfume, as much as I normally hate florals, smells nice.  I might consider the full size(it's actually not expensive!).

I tried the Besame Crimson Rouge on my lips(my cheeks are red enough, thanks)...and it stained my teeth.  I already have enough issues due to drinking coffee and genetics, but now my teeth are a lovely shade of pinkish red..:/

I've used Macadamia products before and like them, so the oil was a no brainer.

Got some Juiced perfume or something(the black tube with the flowers).  That vial was twice the size of the Wild Jasmine one.

Atzen Day cream seems to do okay, but I like the Body Shop's Aloe day cream so much more.

Haven't tried the Youngblood primer.  I'll do that next time I wear full face makeup, which'll be when it stops being eight million degrees here.

Last item was a packet of fiafini cleanser.  I'll try it when/if I remember.

Got seven items this month due to last month's screwup with the stretch cream being near empty.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously???

So it means that when I get home from work, I wont get the chance to choose and they will automatically choose for me?

This is a mess. I am working 8am-5pm and I do not know if I have time to lurk around the website just to reshuffle items that I want to see in my box.

I already have a pending charge and they are even asking me to update my card. Messsssy!
Try clicking on the upper right hand corner where it says, 'Your subscription window is open.  Choose now.'

I cancelled BA today. I still have a shipment that will arrive sometime next week. I am just not that excited about the stuff they offer and with all the problems it's not worth it to me right now. I will probably watch over the next few months and decide from there.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, revenue is recognized when it is earned. Since the boxes are not sent out the services have not been performed, thus making it an unearned revenue. The cash would still show on the balance sheet since cash was actually received, but the credit would be to an unearned liability account instead of an income statement account such as sales revenue. If you have a contract with no payment made and no services performed, then you do not have an accounting transaction. No goods, services, or cash were exchanged, thus no entry is made on the books. Accounting is my other passion besides beauty. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thank you for taking time out for my accounting refresher course ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  What you say makes sense!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try clicking on the upper right hand corner where it says, 'Your subscription window is open.  Choose now.'
I did, and it just has this circles swirling for 5 minutes. I emailed Nancy Lee and told me that MOP was not updated and I have to give my credit card again. Are they nuts?! I have a pending charge of $12 in my account, now tell me I didnt update it? I did update it FIRST among all my subs even though I skipped for two months.

I think the problem why I cant pick my samples is

I asked her how to update it again and it cant be found anywhere in the site. No reply as of this afternoon.

I am one inch away of canceling. I am going back to work tomorrow and hopefully I can find time to deal with it when I get home (hopefully not to see that SOLD OUT note again)

Latest posts

Back