Birchbox Man

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't we see what's in their boxes like we did ours? I am dying to know what he's going to get!!!!!!!!!

I finally signed my husband up just now. I think he will like getting his own things. He used my scrub from Lush the other day and really enjoyed it.

I peaked at his box. lol Excited but I'm not sure about $20. We'll see when it comes in.

I think I'm able to see what's in my box by going to the "Men" tab and then clicking on "Box".

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why can't we see what's in their boxes like we did ours? I am dying to know what he's going to get!!!!!!!!!

I can finally see what he's getting.  Socks, a face scrub, shave gel and a bar of soap that exfoliates too.  Not too bad.  Hopefully the socks arent the red they are showing up as, I cant see my husband wearing red socks ever.

Originally Posted by jlvb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can finally see what he's getting.  Socks, a face scrub, shave gel and a bar of soap that exfoliates too.  Not too bad.  Hopefully the socks arent the red they are showing up as, I cant see my husband wearing red socks ever.
Tell him to walk on the wild side :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my H will use and like all of these products.  Still, 4 items for $20 when I get 5-6 for $10?  How big are the samples?

Dunno if these men's boxes will be wildly more valuable than $20 (as sometimes the women's $10 boxes are), but I think they will be worth at least $20. The socks are $12, so the other samples wouldn't really need to be super valuable to make the box worth $20. These are the items marked as "Ships free" so these are probably most of what's being sampled this month — though they could be adding new stuff:

Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap $13.00
CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense $140.00
Richer Poorer Socks $12.00
ZIRH Shave Gel $15.00
Billy Jealousy LiquidSand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser $24.00
 ​
 ​

the boxes all seem to be about the same. i'm glad i'm not getting the shaving gel (although i could use it on my pits, i guess). i do feel i will get more use out of these mens boxes. i really don't see myself ever being disappointed, like i was so often with certain products in the regular birchbox. (make up, awful perfume samples, etc.)

i, however, am hoping for the red socks.

Hmm... My husband will probably use and like the items in his box, but I'm just not sure this is worth paying $20 per month when I know he's not brand specific to sock and cleansers. He is definitely excited to get "presents" though.
smile.gif
I know Birchbox indicated that the higher cost was due to this being a bigger box and higher retail value, but I know there are women's boxes around this value too. Not sure if we'll continue with this as not really wowed. I admit I probably had higher expectations due to the higher cost. I have high expectations for Glossybox too if they are going to be $21 per month! But not sure where the bigger / higher part is here...

But my husband is getting :

BillyJealousy Liquid Sand Exfoliating Face Cleanser

Kiehls Body Scrub Soap - he can definitely use this as he has dry skin

CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent - even if he loves, doubt I'll spend $140 on a full size product

Richer Poorer Socks - I might take these as I have larger women feet and like socks... lol

Just glad they adhered to his profile when he said he has a beard and didn't send shaving gel!

I agree with sept Ellis! Ummm couple cool items but $20???? Yikes...like I said before my boyfriend didn't want me to sign him up cause he was saying its pricey for samples. As I am curious about next month. I'm going to cancel. How upsetting. They should just make it $10. I would be sticking around to have him try a couple more months cause I believe 3 months u get a good taste of it but if I'm spending 60 bucks on junk. I'll be the one sleeping on the couch! Lol

WTH!
plthumbsdown.gif
 Sooooooooooooo lame! My boyfriend certainly doesn't need socks in his subscription service for SAMPLES. Damn... he's going to rub in how much of a waste of the $20 was and now he'll be right
eusa_wall.gif

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh and they better be full sized like in the picture!!

I know the Kiehls soap is not full size. Pay attention to the label in the full size pic and the box pic, the barcode placement is different. The regular size would be almost as big as the pair of socks. The full size is a huge bar of soap if you have ever seen it in person.

Hi there,

Your first Birchbox Man delivery is on its way. This month, we’re kicking things off with an assortment of goods that will inspire you think about the little things in life—to be mindful of the details.

WTH!
plthumbsdown.gif
 Sooooooooooooo lame! My boyfriend certainly doesn't need socks in his subscription service for SAMPLES. Damn... he's going to rub in how much of a waste of the $20 was and now he'll be right
eusa_wall.gif
I'm there with u. My bf was really hoping for hair products. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's what I wrote on my blog.

Way back in October I mentioned that Birchbox was launching Birchbox Man, a new subscription for men, at that point in time it turned out the Birchbox Man was a limited edition box for $49.99 and was filled with a lot of goodies for men. Well, fast forward several months later and Birchbox announced that they were indeed going to launch Birchbox Man as a subscription service!

As of April you could sign up at Birchbox Man for notification to actually subscribe. Even those of us with Birchbox had to get in line for that notification. My notification - for the hubby - came earlier in April and I signed the hubby up for it since he liked his limited edition Birchbox Man box.

Unlike Birchbox, which costs only $10 a month and is shipped on or around the 10th of each month, Birchbox Man costs $20 a month and is shipped on or around the 25th of each month and is considered the next month's box. For example, the boxes shipped out today (April 25) are considered the May boxes. The boxes that will ship out on May 25 will be the June boxes. I actually like that since depending on where you live you may or may not get your box until after the 1st of the month.

The first set of boxes were ready to go as of earlier this week and this image, posted on Birchbox Man's Tumblr site, shows those boxes ready to go!

As for the contents of those boxes, at this point in time I could only find three images of the new Birchbox Man boxes that are being sent out for May. 

Each of the three boxes are getting Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap, Richer Poorer Socks and the Billy Jealousy LiquidSand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser. One of the two boxes will get ZIRH Shave Gel while the other two will get CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense cologne. Basically two of the boxes are identical in contents while the first box is different.

Here's the note accompanying my husband's box - Box 3 which I think is the same for Box 1 and Box 2

May 2012

Gentlemen,

We’re kicking things off with a box of goods that will make you look and feel like your best self. We hope the assortment will inspire you to be mindful of the details in all corners of your life—to approach both work and play with gusto. Sit up straighter, work harder, and, yes, stay out later, and sip deeper. Put a cherry on it, so to speak.

Cheers,
Birchbox Man
Off hand I can't tell if this box is worth the $20 or not so let me break down the cost of the box contents.

Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap - $13
Richer Poorer Socks - $12 1 pair
Billy Jealousy LiquidSand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser - $24.00 - 8 fl oz / 236 ml  | 2 oz sample approximately $4 (based on the travel size sold on Billy Jealousy)

Base box value: $29

CoSTUME NATIONAL Scent Intense - $140 100 ml (full size) | Sample size 0.05 oz approximately $2.
OR
ZIRH Soothe Aftershave - $32.50  3.3 oz / 100 ml | (my guess it's 0.50 oz sample size) $4.92 approximate.

Total box value between: $31 and $33.92.

Hopefully the men's boxes will improve since I'm surprised they're sending out socks... in sandal/hot weather season! Socks would be better off in the fall or winter not in a late spring box when most people are seeing temperatures up in the 90s already!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's what I wrote on my blog.

Kiehl's Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap - $13
Richer Poorer Socks - $12 1 pair
Billy Jealousy LiquidSand Exfoliating Facial Cleanser - $24.00 - 8 fl oz / 236 ml  | 2 oz sample approximately $4 (based on the travel size sold on Billy Jealousy)

Base box value: $29
And that value is if the Kiehl's soap is full size as I couldn't tell from the picture.

Perhaps Birchbox should make the men's a quarterly, larger box for a little bit more cost. Just like the special edition they did last year for $45. That just felt worth what you paid for. This, for $20, makes me kind of question how enticing this will be. My husband was open to trying this but I know that he would be fine without it if I said this wasn't quite the opportunity I had thought it would be.

I am tempted to steal his soap and socks though... lol.

Back