Conscious Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who got mine through Priority Mail? I hadn't noticed they changed anything until this thread. It came as fast as usual this month.

Maybe its just those of us with the free boxes! 

I have two more months with them (that I already paid for in advance), but I don't plan on renewing my subscription. I want to cut back and I'm mostly looking for beauty products. I already have eco emi, goodebox, And the green grab bag that focus on greener products. I do think it's a great company and idea and it was incredibly generous for them to send us FREE boxes!

I love conscious box. This will be my third box and their customer service it super quick to response and very helpful. The only problem in my box this month was that the banana bar had a best by date of March 2012. I already emailed them but check your bar for a date.

This is my first month trying this service, my box was shipped on the 10th and has a scheduled delivery for the 19th. NOT a happy camper! My friend who ordered after me already got hers, too. I hope the stuff is worth it. I was really looking forward to this service.

That really sucks! I hope you get it soon. I agree that the sunsciption looks fab. I am not subscribed but am hardcore thinking about it so I'm stalking this thread!

Originally Posted by SabrinaA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first month trying this service, my box was shipped on the 10th and has a scheduled delivery for the 19th. NOT a happy camper! My friend who ordered after me already got hers, too. I hope the stuff is worth it. I was really looking forward to this service.

I found that they now have the first ever mystery box available for $9 + $7 for shipping making it $16! Offer says only 50 available. Just ordered mine
headphonedance.gif

http://www.organicsoul.com/share/scawolita/9-for-mystery-bonus-box-from-conscious-box-delivered-right-to-your-door-only-50-available/

Originally Posted by Greenie4life /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love conscious box. This will be my third box and their customer service it super quick to response and very helpful. The only problem in my box this month was that the banana bar had a best by date of March 2012. I already emailed them but check your bar for a date.

My banana bar was just plain banana with no chocolate!  I thought that the card was a typo.  But I'm not interested in getting one with chocolate because I despise bananas (the mere *smell* of them makes me want to barf) and gave it to a coworker who loves them so much he eats one almost every day and refers to 4pm (quitting time for the two of us) as "banana o'clock."  He asked if it was okay if he passed it on to someone else because he's not sure if he'll eat it, and I told him that I didn't care as long as it didn't come back to me.  The addition of chocolate will *not* make it any better for me.

I noticed it right after I took a second bite! UGGGH! I spit it out immediately, just in case. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( I was thinking of emailing them about it too. Let me know what they say.

This was my first and last Conscious Box.  It was kind of fun, but not worth $19 for slow shipping and expired food products.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me, too.

Sorry.  My comment of 'Me, too.' was to Scawolita's comment that she had ordered a mystery box today.  I ordered one, too.

Very cute box but the cost is a little too high for me I think.  Will keep it in mind for the future though!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who got mine through Priority Mail? I hadn't noticed they changed anything until this thread. It came as fast as usual this month.

Nope, I paid for a box and it's not coming til Saturday!

I received mine this afternoon and I really love it, when I'm able I definitely will subscribe. I'm very happy I was able to take part in the free trial.

I'm really happy for the food items, I can't wait to try the bananas, which have a July 2012 expiration for me, I tried the fudge and it was terrible.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed it right after I took a second bite! UGGGH! I spit it out immediately, just in case. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />( I was thinking of emailing them about it too. Let me know what they say.
This was their response:

Hey Jennifer,   They mentioned some of the bars were Best By March, but still yummy for April. It may have some oxidation (whiteness), but it should be entirely safe to consume. We all tested them out before shipping and they were delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Be well,

--

Jesse Richardson

Conscious Representative

www.consciousbox.com

p. 323.364.5028

e. [email protected]

GetInline.aspx

That is SO NOT OKAY!!!!!! I was just about to write about how much I loved my box, the company, etc, until I read that they said you should eat your EXPIRED product??

This was their response:

Hey Jennifer,   They mentioned some of the bars were Best By March, but still yummy for April. It may have some oxidation (whiteness), but it should be entirely safe to consume. We all tested them out before shipping and they were delicious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Be well,

--

Jesse Richardson

Conscious Representative

www.consciousbox.com

p. 323.364.5028

e. [email protected]

GetInline.aspx

This was their response:

--

Jesse Richardson

Conscious Representative

www.consciousbox.com

p. 323.364.5028

e. [email protected]

GetInline.aspx
icon_eek.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I paid for a box and it's not coming til Saturday!
Also, I got April's for free.

This is my 3rd Conscious Box, and I find that although some of the boxes are a really great value and the customer service is wonderful - I'm more of a beauty sample lover so *some* of the snacks and household items don't really thrill me as much as getting a lipstick, blush, or any makeup item really would! lol.  I didn't like last month's box at all because it contained mainly coupons, which without those coupons, the products didn't add up to $16. 
February's box was quite amazing though and my favorite one to date (it had TONS of variety in it - something that seriously everyone could use).  I do like this month's box but it's kind of missing that extra "wow" factor that February's box had to me.  Of course, my opinion is certainly subjective.

Ugh, I'm really disappointed that they would even *consider* including expired food products in some people's boxes (I would NEVER do that if I ran a company like that - even if I was super desperate for samples - but perhaps I'm being too melodramatic - I dunno).  My banana bar expired March 2012 as well =(   I don't think it's too much to ask that we not get food products or ANY products that are expired, let alone NEARING expiration dates (ac-hem beauty box 5 and those weleda samples  - yeah thanks for giving me just a month to try moisturizer when I have about 7 other moisturizers to go through before that one).

I think $19 is quite a bit though to pay for this one especially since I really love eco emi and green grab bag so much (which focus mainly on beauty products)

LOL, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like I'm the only one not freaked out by things like "Best by" dates.  No, it shouldn't have been sent out...but I'm still going to eat it even if mine says "Best by March". (Assuming that it looks okay, smells okay, tastes okay).  

Side effect of growing up poor, maybe, but I've learned that companies lean way to the over-cautious side when it comes to dates, to cover their butts just in case, but most things are fine well past the "best by" date.  It's best by, not "eat by or die".  Things with a true strict expiration date like milk or meat will say "use or freeze by", which sounds similar to "best by" but really isn't, and I do trust my senses more than I trust any projected date.

But yeah, it shouldn't have been sent out.

Back