Fyrinnae closed again

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY ! i logged on their website and my order is indicated as shipped !!!

let's cross our fingers, i'm counting the days. with this at least i'll be able to offer my bro's gf (for her birthday) the e/s i wanted to offer her at christmas.

I understand that they are swamped with orders and that hiring extra help would be costly, but I think that their practice of shutting down the site and taking over a month to process is ridiculous. If they'd just limit the number of samples per order to, say, 10 at a time then it would take far less time to process each order. Maybe offer an incentive to people who buy full sizes (give them priority when processing). That way they could start to see some real profits, hire an extra hand and then get EVERYONE their orders in a timely fashion. I won't order from them until they clean things up!

^^^ I think they're purposely trying to discourage people from ordering. Their excuse is that they don't order their colors in bulk then repackage... they mix their own. Um... I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that they're not the only company that mixes their own colors as opposed to ordering bulk from elsewhere. And I don't know of any other MMU company that expects its customers to wait almost two months to receive an order.

Originally Posted by lotusindigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^^^ I think they're purposely trying to discourage people from ordering. Their excuse is that they don't order their colors in bulk then repackage... they mix their own. Um... I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that they're not the only company that mixes their own colors as opposed to ordering bulk from elsewhere. And I don't know of any other MMU company that expects its customers to wait almost two months to receive an order. Yes! It definitely seems like they are intentionally running themselves into the ground here. I wish their colors weren't so pretty, arg.

The message on the front of the site has turned me off ordering. They're complaining that we're ordering too much.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif The message on the front of the site has turned me off ordering. They're complaining that we're ordering too much. They sound so arrogant and combative. They make it sound like they can take as long as they want because we will still order it. Definitely not me though. I want more of their colors but I am not going to wait 2 months for it while they hold onto my money.
Sirvinya ~ how was the order you got for Christmas? Have you posted swatches?

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif The message on the front of the site has turned me off ordering. They're complaining that we're ordering too much. I second that! I don't like that they make me feel guilty for wanting their products. I have better thing to do with my money than to order from a company that complains about being so popular... *sigh*

I think that Fyrinnae's going under because of it's own success... Sad, because I think they sell beautiful colours, and I really want to try their Rice Primer... Hopefully they get back on track soon, but for now, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by KristinB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sirvinya ~ how was the order you got for Christmas? Have you posted swatches? It was lovely! I haven't done swatches yet. I'm planning on doing my entire collection at some point though.

Originally Posted by Lotte /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that Fyrinnae's going under because of it's own success... Sad, because I think they sell beautiful colours, and I really want to try their Rice Primer... Hopefully they get back on track soon, but for now, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon...
frown.gif
honestly, go elsewhere, don't torture yourself with them. isn't it ironic they're complaining about their success ? i think the best thing you can do is not order so they can get back to a reasonable processing time.
they didn't even sent me an email to confirm the shipping. i consider that a bit rude, i swear if in three weeks i have nothing i'll just ask for my money back.

35-45 business days to make mmu, package it and ship? Even if they were doing a huge amount of business (which would obviously pay for extra help) that is ridiculous. I was going to order some of their pigments, but now I won't.

YES !!!!! it has arrived today. i got Angel's Tale sample (gorgeous brown e/s) for free. love that
biggrin.gif
i'm sure it will look great with Shinkirou.

marshmallow puff looks really pale, though i haven't opened it yet. the packaging is cute.

i ordered also a sample of Sidhe, a gorgeous greeny yellow (think of autumn leaves). i love that color, i'm sure it will be perfect for a spring look.

Originally Posted by hamira /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are they down again? I can't place on order. They are. I just checked the site and saw this:

Quote:
****************1/22/08: We are now keeping the checkout offline for a few days to complete the site upgrades (hopefully). Our host servers were upgraded with too many conflictions. ****************

well, i'm glad i got my eyeshadows, another disappointment from fyrinnae. i hope they're back soon.

The latest message on the front of the site

Quote:
During the month of February, no international orders will be accepted! Purchases from outside the US will be cancelled.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif The latest message on the front of the site That's messed up. I hope they are working on getting the orders done.

Back