Have you dropped your Birchbox subscription?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first 4 boxes were fabulous, my last four, not so much. I don't think they were bad, I just think that after trying this and several other subs, this one isn't the best fit for me. I've tried MyGlam, Beauty Army, and the Look Bag, I'm dropping all but MyGlam. My Birchbox sub is an annual pre-paid so I will get the boxes through February. If they get back to how they were when I first subscribed I may consider keeping them. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for me anymore.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How about a "No - I'm happy with my Birchbox subscription" because that's my answer.
THIS THIS THIS. 

I wish that was an option, because "I'm sticking it out" has negative implications and I don't feel negatively about my birchbox at all. Its actually the only sub I get every month anymore. 

I answered this poll without reading the title and then I was like, "Have I dropped my Birchbox? Well... I guess maybe the contents would break or spill then... how does BB not know it was the postal service who mishandled and caused your items to break and it wasn't me being clumsy and dropping the entire box."

..welp.

Thinking about it more, I'm actually very happy with Birchbox. I love their points system and use it, so it's like $5 or less goes to the subscription and the rest goes to a fund for products I would have bought elsewhere.

I've actually been pretty happy with BirchBox. I've been with them since last November, and while there have been a few dud boxes, there have also been some truly amazing boxes in which I have found some things that I have fallen in love with that I never would have tried otherwise.

I got a regular box with my first account in October, and the Goop box in my second (which I just started because of the Goop promo box). Now, I may not keep both accounts, but I will keep at least one. Like I said before, there have been one or two duds in the thirteen boxes I've gotten, but not all, not even most.

I'm sticking with BirchBox, and I hope that all of you who have had bad experiences get boxes you like better in future, whether it be with BirchBox or no.

Originally Posted by karenX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been happy with my boxes since resubscribing in May(after a 5 month break). No reason to cancel.
Yes, Zadi,  can you please add a "I am very happy with my Birchbox subscription" the sticking it out one is not really representative of my sentiments towards the sub

I understand this is going to be sent as a complaint, but I would really like to be accurately represented, and since clicking other could mean I never subbed at all, that option is not really me either

thanks, 

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont see how anyone can be happy with this subscription, unless they dont know about free samples from other places, def not worth the money. I just joined Pop sugar and am looking forward to my first box.
I do all of my cosmetics shopping online because the closest Sephora is a half hour away (plus I just prefer to do it online to get to choose my samples and get deluxe samples), so I don't get samples very often, only when I make a big purchase every few months. I went and looked and I've only ever received a foil packet of shampoo and conditioner last month but I've received four full size products in less than a year. I also don't think I have ever received anything I've HATED and I use everything or give it away if it doesn't appeal to me. the points program is awesome, and I feel like I get my money's worth every time. if BB was more than $10 I would be complaining, but I think it's a fair price for what I get.

The way the polls are written by Huddler it doesn't give me an option to edit the poll only delete it.

Originally Posted by Roni917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont see how anyone can be happy with this subscription, unless they dont know about free samples from other places, def not worth the money. I just joined Pop sugar and am looking forward to my first box.
Uhm, through birchbox points I have gotten over $150 of free product, full size that I chose myself. That makes me very very happy. 

I have also received well over $500 value of sampled items in my boxes,

I will be the first to admit I have a shopping addiction, I spend basically all the money my parents give me every month and my wonderful boyfriend buys me more expensive things I can't swing with my limited budget, because this makes me a really thrifty bargain shopper, I notice that the pop sugar bag / little black bag are full of stuff I see at TJ Maxx/Marshalls etc. all the time.  

maybe just make a second poll with a few options and just add them to the final data... 

I am currently happy with my Birchbox subscription

I am currently happy with multiple Birchbox subscriptions

I absolutely LOVE my Birchbox subscription, best thing everrrr

okay the last one is a joke, but make a secondary poll with positive responses :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I haven't been happy with a lot of aspects of BB lately, but I still like the subscription as a whole.  I'm really on the fence.  The lack of organization and professionalism kind of grates on me...you need to be ready for expansion before you expand.  I've had a few off-putting customer service interactions recently as well, that I won't rant about again.  Customers are like elephants though, we never forget.  (For the record, I've worked it before, and I know how difficult customers can be...I make an effort not to be crazy)

Actually, I've dropped the subscription before; I received a box of nothing but foil tear-aways. I was so disappointed that I canceled.

Then Kara's Way went on hiatus, so I had enough moolah to start BB again. I had been seeing the pics and the reviews - it looked better. But for some reason, I get a lot of tear-away foil packs and no "deluxe" samples.

I think BB has to come up with a way to better allocate what people get. Some subscribers get a box of good stuff: for example, a box might contain a deluxe sample, a fragrance sample, a couple of smaller samples and a lifestyle extra. And yet that very same month, someone else gets four very small samples, good for only one or two uses.

Why? Why does one subscriber get a sucky box with miniscule samples and others get full size and deluxe samples? This just makes the ones who got the really small sub-standard boxes jealous and angry - because after seeing what others get, they KNOW good samples exist... they just didn't happen to get any!

Edit: I want to add that BB does have the very best rewards program out there - the first time I subscribed, I was able to get three really nice products all for the price of $8, because I used my points. Of course, I had EXTRA points because I got screwed out of a box - but then again, BB customer service reached out and gave me 100 points. Added to the ones I already had, I was able to get three products that I really liked (two cosmetic-type products and a chocolate bar that had been a sample in one of the boxes).

Personally, I like that they have the lifestyle extra, like the Luna Bar. I think they need to stop with the tea, though. That just feels like a rip-off - one little tea bag! Plus, the tea thing is tired. But I have enjoyed the mints, the chocolates, and the bars.

--P

Their concept is great and the idea of having a variety of different beauty products for people to sample is good exposure to a brand. I am not fond of the food items as I have a nut and various food allergies and some of the tiny, tiny foil packets are not enough to sample for more than a day at the most. I think it is a fun idea to surprise the customers.  Maybe paying more attention to customer profiles?

I have a 1 year subscription, and have generally been very happy with BB.  There've been one or two small hiccups on the way, but nothing big enough to make me want to cancel.  I am trying to decide whether to renew for a year or not when my subscription ends in December.  I am leaning towards renewing.  I am actually happy with the sample sizes (huge samples are great if you like the product, but not so good to be stuck with something if you don't like it), LOVE the points program, and am satisfied with the variety of makeup/skincare/haircare/lifestyle products I've received.  I've discovered some Holy Grails, some things that I really like but maybe don't quite have HG status, and some good new brands.  I've gotten some stinkers too, but the neutral-to-good stuff far outstrips the bad.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious to know how many MUT members who had Birchbox dropped their subscriptions.
I just answered the survey :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I cancelled about a week ago.  I'm interested to see the end results of the poll.  Thanks for coordinating this Zadidoll!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm curious to know how many MUT members who had Birchbox dropped their subscriptions.
With almost every other sub box i had out shinning BB month after month, I finally canceled after the September box. I haven't missed it, and got tired of seeing others get really good stuff, full sized items, and wondering why the boxes were all so different (in items and value). There never seemed to be any reason why the stuff in them was together.

At one point this year I had 8 subs. BB was never ever at the top of my list.

I now have 3 (myself) and my girls each have one.

Originally Posted by ShesaRenegade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am seriously considering dropping Birchbox.  I subscribed to both BB and Glossybox, and I just think that GB is giving me a better sampling.  It's worth the extra $10 to actually get beauty products rather than Lara bars.  I subscribe to a food sampling service for that type of thing.
This in a nutshell. One of the growing turnoffs with BB for me is the disparity in products. Some boxes seem like they lean towards full size items, or very generous samples, and others towards itty bitty packets that have one use, which isn't enough to determine whether or not I'll be buying the full size item.

Glossybox on the other hand, has fairly uniform boxes, with differences in the item itself (skin color/polish color, etc.) and a slight variance in what everyone receives, with samples that are more than enough to determine if you want to buy the full size, or more when the full size runs out.

Back