How many brands have you tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BE

EDM

Signature

Lumiere

Valerie

Monave

Oceanmist

Loreal(not real mmu tho)

adding 2 more

Mad

Meow

Taylor Made (on the way)

I'm pretty new to MMU

I've tried BE

just got samples from OM

am waiting for samples from EDM

and I am hoping that's it for me........hoping to find my HG in either OM or EDM....

So far, I have tried:

Lauress - Founfation

Lumiere - Foundation

MAD Minerals - Pigments

I am currently waiting on Meow samples.

Wow..it's been about 9 months since I've posted here! I lurk around once in awhile though (soo busy with work and kids). Anyhow, because of all of your raves about MMU, I decided to try it again. I've been wearing Prescriptives Virtual Matte recently, and it makes my skin itch.

in the past I've tried:

BE (too shiny, broke me out, clogged pores)

Jane Iredale (same as BE, must be the Bismuth)

J. Lynne (couldn't find a color match, made me look grey)

Loreal (ugh)

Illuminare Liquid MMU (still like and use, but is a little pastey)

Recently ordered samples from (so excited!!)

Meow

Lumiere

Aubrey Nicole

I can't wait to get my samples. I was so turned off by the bismuth and shine...I hope one of these MMU turn out to be my HG!

do the ingredients affect you on choosing a certain brand or not?

I only tried Illuminare and Cory, both aren't supposed to contain bad stuff like mica, bis oxy, or preservatives... but i don't see many reviews on these two ...

yes, it does, we can be allergic to talc or bismuth oxychloride, so it's important to check.

i've tried only Bare Escentuals, Lily Lolo and Fyrinnae stuff.

I'm a newbie to all this mineral stuff so I have only tried 3 so far:

BE foundation (YUCK - made my pores look huge)

BE e/s - liked

MAD Minerals - just got a sample packs and already have several favorites - I'll try the foundation tomorrow.

SugarBaby - OK (looked much better on my cousin)

I want to try Mac, Lumiere and NYX

Hmmm Let's count:

BE

EDM

Urban Decay

Monave

Lumiere

Valery Beauty

Oceanmist

Alima

And I think I tried aromaleigh too... So that's a grand total of 9!!! My fave is Urban decay!

alima

La Bella Donna

Illuminare

J.Lynne

EDM

Mineral essence

still can't find my HG mmu

looking for another brands of mmu now

I tried:

1) Everyday Minerals

2) Aubrey Nicole

3) Meow

4) Monave

5) Signature Minerals

6) Alima

7) Lily loo

8) Lumiere

9) Elegant Minerals

10) Oceanmist

11) Isadora

12) Sillk Naturals

13) Mad Minerals

14) Fyrinnea - (eyeshadows only)

and maybe something more but I do not rememeber.

Karen has her own site now under Silknaturals.com

Silk Naturals - Pure Natural Mineral Makeup (make up) & Cosmetics - Silk Naturals : Pure Natural Mineral Makeup (make up) & Cosmetics

There is a thread on here about her products. She does have a sample special on with free shipping. Nice products. I placed an order and she does ship quickly.

I have tried the following brands:

1) First one was Cory based on raves from MUA. Foundation too heavy. Samples for .35 ea and she does have nice blushes and eye shadows. Customer service is lacking and the smoke issue has not been resolved.

2) EDM next. I really liked this compared to Cory. Foundation did not last on me. Overated IMO.

3) glyminerals (out of business)

4) Signature

5) Lumiere - VV foundation is HG; kabuki brush HG; also nice eye shadows & blushes and free shipping to Canada.

6) Jenulence (former Alpha Skin Care) Foundation Concealer forumla - HG

7) Buff'd - heavier coverage but could not find a match (Cdn)

8) KT Naturals - I liked the original foundation sample; but names recently changed and the foundation sample I received in August did not seem the same as the orignal one received in the spring. I did order mini kabuki and other brushes and full size eye shadow.

9) T'val - cdn company. I ordered a bunch of MMU samples at $1.00 ea. Nice but not special. Also has skin care and skin care samples starting at $1.00

10) Ocean Mist - foundation samples were yellow.

11) Aubrey Nicole

12) Silk Naturals

Last two just received this week.

Also PF pressed from the d/s (not really MMU IMO)

There might be more that I have not listed. I do plan on trying things from other companies. BUT I need to take a break and try the things I have.

I just remembered Pure Luxe. I got samples but did not reorder.

BE--too shiny, not enough coverage, itched

EDM--love it, foundation, blushes, ES, Concealer, & Finishing Powders

Monave--love the foundation, not the finishing powder very much though, great illuminizers

Meow--I didn't like the foundation much, the color was a little off, and it didn't cover much, plus looked a little dull, I do like their crystalline glow powder though, and their finishing powder.

Pure Luxe--eraser, it was ok the first few days, but I think it actually made me break out. I tried their "You Glow Girl" powder and love it!

Now I have Lumiere on the way! Can't wait!

EDM

Lily lolo

Alima

Monave

Fyrrinae

Mad minerals

Silk naturals

Catsun

Elemental beauty

Lumiere

Meow

LaurEss

Oceanmist

Wow!! That's some serious sampling,LOL! I've only sampled from 6 different companies.With Meow being my HG.I really wanted to like Lumiere but I couldn't get a color match.

CJ

I've tried about 5 or 6. I started with Bare Minerals and after trying a the others I went back to them. I still like Pure Luxe and J. Lynne for some shadows.

I've tried so many and most of them I haven't even gone back to after using 1 or 2 times.

Of all of them I Monave, BFM, and UGG best.

I've tried only Jane Iredale and BE. I love my Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation. I get compliments on my complexion all the time since I started wearing it three years ago. I tried the loose powder foundation by Iredale and didn't care for it too much. I always made a mess and I could never seem to get it to look right. Most of the girls at the salon I used to work out used the pressed over the loose. The eye shadows and the cake liner are also really nice. Never really like BE. I can't stand loose powders, I always drop them and end up making a mess.

1. Babydoll Cosmetics-local brand that has stopped manufacturing. Got me started with MMU without my knowledge. I thought I was just buying powders that didn't iritate my allergies.

2. Everyday Minerals-nice blushes and e/s, haven't tried anything else yet.

3. Silk Naturals-I like experimenting with the foundation, best of all, I just mix it with my moisturizer when I'm too lazy or don't have a lot of time. Perfecting powder is perfect! I love my sythetic kabuki, too. Will order soon.

4. Cory Cosmetics-I love the wide range of colors, had a difficult time choosing what to sample. I haven't decided on favorites, will probably order again.

5. Pure Luxe-Love the CS and the products. Erasers are amazing and so is the April's Mix. It lives up to the hype.

6. Aubrey Nicole-Nice samples, filled to the brim and I like the containers, too. I like the oil control powder and finishers, will try the foundation next.

7. Blusche-Great CS. Based in Canada and the Philippines. Pretty new... Foundation is perfect for me, just light to medium coverage and real easy on the skin. Will try other products next.

Back