Starlooks Starbox December 2013 *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I accidentally posted in the Glossybox thread, I received my palette this morning!  It looks amazing.  I can't wait to try it, but my hands are in gloves because I'm giving myself a topical steroid treatment for my eczema right now, but around one, I'll be doing swatches!  

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is it the same palette?
It is the same one.

thanks!  And this looks like one that is new as well - I didn't see that configuration at starlooks

I am so blown away by my palette - just beautiful!! 

BTW - this is the New Year's Eve palette- I was looking for the name.  The picture on their website doesn't do it justice!
plus did you see the rewards card?   If you stay subscribed to them, you will get a free gift (valued at $35.00) every 3 months!!  I don't know if this is new or not, but it is new to me!!

So, I will get a free gift in Feb and then in May :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YAY! Guys, it's so gorgeous!! Even prettier in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sadly, my crystal came broken, so I sent over an email & we'll see!! Still waiting on my birthday box, but CS told me earlier in the month they were shipped after monthly. 

@LisaLeah , there's a mix! Some mattes, some glittery, some just light shimmer! Can't wait to swatch em out.

Also, how awesome is the new rewards program? $35 product every 3 months! 

Here are quick (sloppy, sorry)swatches...done with a finger on bare skin...

A few of the lighter shades are hard to see on my skin but they are nicely pigmented! The pinky berry shade is definitely the sheerest. The silver and the green are amazing! Bottom row...the first is really hard to see but it is nicely pigmented.

middle row...again, you can't really see the first shade on my arm, but I think it'll look nice on the eye.

Top row...wow is the silver pigmented! and I'm in love with the green!  The berry is definitely the most sheer of the palette.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here are quick (sloppy, sorry)swatches...done with a finger on bare skin...

A few of the lighter shades are hard to see on my skin but they are nicely pigmented! The pinky berry shade is definitely the sheerest. The silver and the green are amazing! Bottom row...the first is really hard to see but it is nicely pigmented.

middle row...again, you can't really see the first shade on my arm, but I think it'll look nice on the eye.

Top row...wow is the silver pigmented! and I'm in love with the green!  The berry is definitely the most sheer of the palette.
Those swatches are fantastic, thank you!  Mine was delivered today.  I LOVE it, it is gorgeous, but I was worried they wouldn't look as pretty in use.  Can't wait to try that silver!!!

Yay, mine is here!  I'm not sure when I'll get around to using it, though.  I'm siiiick -- sinus infection, yay, but at least I have my Harvey Fierstein's voice -- and cranky, and I don't want to use new stuff right now because it will just make me associate it with this ick. 

I'm super intrigued by the new a-gift-every-three-months thing.  I don't plan on canceling any time soon since they send out a lot of staple/basics that I wouldn't normally bother with, so I look forward to whatever they send out.  I just hope they get away from all of the browns and oranges they've been sticking with the past few months.  The two five-pan palettes were a bit too similar for my liking.  They might as well be two of the same palette as far as I'm concerned.

Quote: Originally Posted by Krendall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy crap. Have y'all seen that these retail for $99 now on the website?
Yea that's a little bit much. Not even most higher end companies charge that much for palettes.

However I think the palette is STUNNING. Very, very happy with the grouping of shades!

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so blown away by my palette - just beautiful!! 

BTW - this is the New Year's Eve palette- I was looking for the name.  The picture on their website doesn't do it justice!
plus did you see the rewards card?   If you stay subscribed to them, you will get a free gift (valued at $35.00) every 3 months!!  I don't know if this is new or not, but it is new to me!!

So, I will get a free gift in Feb and then in May :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am LOVING the rewards idea! I was actually thinking of cancelling Starlooks for a while since I usually get a TON of makeup for Christmas, but I think they've just officially kept me on as a subscriber with that deal! a $35 gift every 3 months just for being subscribed? Yes please! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am LOVING the rewards idea! I was actually thinking of cancelling Starlooks for a while since I usually get a TON of makeup for Christmas, but I think they've just officially kept me on as a subscriber with that deal! a $35 gift every 3 months just for being subscribed? Yes please! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was going to cancel to, since I've gotten a couple other products from them in Ipsy and now it seems Wantable is sending out their stuff too, but I want to stick around now just to see what the gift is! :)

So I just swatched this palette, and while I think that most of the palette has great pigmentation and some really interesting/standout shades, is anyone else having a major issue getting the matte black and matte berry shade (both in the first row) to show up like, at all? They might be two of the least pigmented shades of shadow I have ever encountered in my entire life, lol. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I just swatched this palette, and while I think that most of the palette has great pigmentation and some really interesting/standout shades, is anyone else having a major issue getting the matte black and matte berry shade (both in the first row) to show up like, at all? They might be two of the least pigmented shades of shadow I have ever encountered in my entire life, lol. Maybe I got a bad batch?
Totally. Same.

I keep trying to swatch the berry and nothing, I mean NOTHING comes on my brush or my finger.

Zero pigmentation.

It's like "pretend kiddie makeup".

WTF?

I haven't tried the other shades yet though.

But no...you are not alone.

Back